Fly Tying
Griff

My Daughter's First Fly

This is great and is how this sport will continue on.I have a 5 year old boy who likes to tie with me .I even went a bought him his own tools vise and feathers cuz he was using all mine up. He wil get home from school and say Dad can I tie a fly? my ohter boy is 19months and even he likes to watch but then sees the cool stuff and wants to play with it (my materials)....Great job girls keep it up :headbang: :headbang: :thumbsup:

What great memories for a later date. Both of my daughters are away from home - one married, the other at college. I wasn't tying flys when they were growing up, but times like this are worth every moment you can spend with them.

The bonus part is the oldest daughter has married a duck/goose/turkey/pheasant hunter. She is the one that bought the fly tying kit, so she is going to have to supply the fresh feathers.

Great moments in their lives and well spent quality time with the family.

Great stuff, Griff!! I recently got my oldest daughter into tying, which seems strange because I feel like such an infant at it myself :blink: . It's a great way to make a special connection, isn't it?

Terry

hey guys. It looks like fly time is hosting a kids swap. :thumbup: I'll keep my eyes open and when my current swap is done i'll start one and see if the intrest is there for anyone that misses his.

thanks FT

No problem my friend, I enjoy hosting kids and beginner swaps more than any others, and Im always amazed with the talent that turns out in em.

Dustin

:yahoo: Griff, I wish more men were like you and spent time with their children, especially Daughters! They are very special and need a good male role model for when they pick their husbands. I have three daughters and they came before my career. First my wife, then my daughters, then my job. It paid off! they have picked outstanding young men, and are wonderful ladies that I am really proud of. I remember when they turned 16 and discovered boys. That was the end of their fishing for a while.;but when they reached their twenties it changed back. You will always cherish these moments and those pictures.Being a good DAD is what it's all about. Take care and be sure to share more pictures with us every once in a while.

Joel

My daughter constantly want to fly ties with me they love it. It is a lot of fun. One tip I have if they want to handle there flies after they tie them have them tie on tubes. the lack of a hook is a bonus when they leave them around!!! Keep them at it and soon they will be begging you to take them to the river to use them!!!! How can mom say no to that !!!!

How I wait for the day for my son to say take me to the river!

He does say fish though ........ he is 16 months

Love the pictures!

Tim

Thanks everyone! I am so proud of both of them. My 7 year old seems like a natural, she never even noticed the camera. They are both daddy's girls, and I hope they always will be. We'll be tying lots more "hooks" in the future!

Griff.

Outstanding!!!! Did the same with my daughter. Now she is 13 & really enjoys tying.

You must be from PA or WV...Green Weenie eh? :D

Very nice!!!