Fly Tying
fly time

Kids swap

Addie's flies ("streamer flies," in her words) are her version of Clouser Minnows she's seen me tie. She tied fast, and they went to the Post Office Monday morning. She tied a special thank-you fly for you, Dustin.

Bill

Steve has taken the boys for a day and a half outing. So I'll sit down and tie mine tomorrow hopefully. I'll have to look at what he's tied in the past and see if I can't come up with something cool and fairly easy since he won't be sitting there helping me.

Six complete, one rejected... a wide variety of things that I have seen and are imitating with the materials I have. Hope to put some pictures on tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for taking care of us.

Looks like all of you are doing well, and some of you are already finished :headbang: :yahoo: Im excited to see what all comes out of this swap.

Addie, Thanks for the extra, its greatly appreciated!! ;)

Megan P. A wooly bugger is a pretty simple pattern to tie, and there are some great step by step tutorials on the site to help out.

Thanks again to all of the participants in this swap!!!

Dustin

Hey this is Kaylidh i have all my flies doen i sent them in Monday morning so they sould be there like Wendesday or Thuresday well i tierd a yellow and red wolly buger and i tied an extra for you to say thank :blink: B) well thank again it was really kool and yea the wip finisher i learned in a day :lol:

Hello, Dustin....

here are some pictures - in the mail tomorrow....

post-9603-1169606919_thumb.jpg post-9603-1169606979_thumb.jpg

post-9603-1169607015_thumb.jpg post-9603-1169607035_thumb.jpg

post-9603-1169607054_thumb.jpg

and.. the rest...

post-9603-1169607192_thumb.jpg post-9603-1169607210_thumb.jpg

post-9603-1169607227_thumb.jpg post-9603-1169607240_thumb.jpg

If my fly tying was as good as my pictures....

:lol: Billy, Ill let it slide this time bro, but for future reference, your supposed to tie all the same pattern of flies, like if you do a bugger you tie all buggers :hyst: But thats cool, I cant wait to get em they look pretty good!!!

Dustin

Dustin, Dustin, Dustin - see what happens when you allow old people to intrude upon a kids time... WE (I) need so much extra guidance - ... DOH...

Oh well, I thought when you said any type, any size, I had to make a bunch of different ones. I was searching for a lot of different patterns... I can make a do-over if you prefer.

The practice won't kill me for sure.

Excellent - you have to remember to take care of the 'learning impaired' :help:

Connor and Grant have finished their flies but I've been too busy to take a look at them for completeness. I'll make time this weekend and get them in the mail ASAP.

BTW - For those looking for good tutorial sites, Charlie Craven has excellent step by step tutorials on all flies he publishes. (www.charliesflybox.com).

srfrsean

I recieved flies today from Addie, and Kaylidh, As always in these kids swaps, Im so amazed by the talent of our young tyers, ladies these flies look GREAT!!!!! :headbang: And I greatly appreciate the extra flies and kind notes ;) Both of you will recieve the 5 extra flies for being the first packages to arrive :yahoo:

Ill post picts later today, once again these flies are great!!!! And Addie, I love the way you packaged your flies its like you have been in dozens of swaps before :headbang:

Thanks to all for participating in this swap, and I hope to have you in many more!!!!

Dustin.

Here are the flies from Addiepost-4351-1169746955_thumb.jpg

Here are the flies from Kaylidhpost-4351-1169747021_thumb.jpg

Very nice work ladies, I cant wait to see the rest of the flies that come in!!!!

Dustin