Fly Tying
Eric

Ever meet any fishing celebs?

Alf Walker taught me how to cast... I grew grew up in south oshawa so I've met all the guys from fishing Canada and Bob Izumi, my father Is a we connected man.. he asks me for orders of flies from some pretty big names.. including some ex- maple leafs players..

Bob Clouser - PA

Brian Chan - Alberta Stillwater Seminar

Denny Riccards - as above

Phil Rowley - as above

Fabrizio Gajardoni - corrispondance

Lawrence Waldron - Skiing in Banff AB (thats why I bought his vice)

Clint Eastwood - Fishin the Bow, Alberta

I actually met Lefty Kreh once at the Florida Sportsman fishing show in West Palm. It was around the time TFO came out with the Lefty Kreh series, at the TFO booth.

Strangely, over the years I have had much better luck with random encounters with basketball players, mostly at airports. Go figure: Shaquille Oneal, Dr. J, Larry Byrd, Robert Parish, Michael Jordan and Pau Gasol.

I met Guy Harvey at the IGFA in Dania Beach when I was strolling around looking at the museum stuff a few years back. He and a few other folks were going over final preparations for some banquet.

Highlight of my life was meeting Bill Dance at a BassPro.

Bet that was some live action!

Tim Rajeff-fortunate enough to take 2 casting seminars with him

Mike Clark -a bamboo rod he made is a very treasured possession.

Mark Noble

Brian Silvey-guided us

Charlie Craven-my first tying class

I also briefly met:

A K Best

John Geirach -met at Mike's shop

Ed Engle

Denny Rickards

Alec Jackson

Al Beatty

Gary Loomis

Well, if you have to do name dropping, I did fish with Ron Lindner one time but it was not a taped show but a tournament. He's rude, smokes heavily, cusses a lot. 'Course, this was before him and Al found God so that might have changed some. Other than that the only ones I've met and fished with or against are from bass tournament circles and not many fly fish those.

Seems funny that some have run into or met so many others of major or minor fame. Guess if you really fish a lot or go to seminars and shows you'd meet these people and I agree most celebs I've met over the years are down to earth people. Did get to know more athletes in other sports than fishing names.

I met 2 female singers from a Finnish group years ago in the male toilets of a nightclub one night, this was just before they got really famous & i was doing some stupid things! But at shows, the tyers i've really enjoyed meeting & pumped for information are Trevor Jones, Barry Ord Clark, Markus Hoffman & Niklaus Bauer!

Years back I met and had a chat with Jack Hemmingway which made my day. Really a good guy !