Fly Tying

Last Round-up for Baldwin

I am really wondering EXACTLY what I have gotten myself into with this group smile.gif You all cant be any worse than my 4th graders smile.gif Went out on a river today with my new waders, Unrivertested Cabelas fly rod/reel combo, flies that I tied myself, and sunny skies..... Didnt catch a damn thing but man was it fun to be out there!! I cant even imagine what it will feel like to actually catch a fish on my flyrod!! Who knows, maybe someone can guide me along the path to fishdom next weekend!! If not, I will have a hell of a time along the way smile.gif

Well at least you got out is all that counts.I am in a high tying frenzy right now.Trying ti ty up for this trip and 2 more the next 2 week ends after that.Both will be in Pa.So i can't wait to get the show on the road.

Don't fill bad on not catching anything.Myself have caught 1 and had a few on for a whole season.Pretty bad Ratio.So your not the only one lookin to do better.

tt

Hey Hunter,

Just think, once you hook em, you got to land them biggrin.gif

I borrowed northern outdoorsman fly rod for a weekend and went 0-18 but I still had a blast. I just need to save up the dough to get me a fly reel and I will be all set for next year.

Did you end up fishing with quest today? How did you guys as a hole do?

I didnt get out with quest, my wife had a project for me to do.... am in the process of building a wall..... The weather was pretty crappy: 2 in. of snow and GALE force winds! Not at all like yesterday.....

Im wondering if I even want to fish the PM. By the sounds of the reports, it looks as if every hole is taken. A trip to the XXXX is sounding really good right now. We'll see....

Two question??

Besides the quys listed who are gettin in on the cabins, who is coming to the outing???? There are like 4 threads going and I don't want to view them all.

Who is fishing on Monday? Can't decide whether to go home or fish a little monday mournin. If I am fishin alone i would probably just go home and maybe hit the mo or another place on the way but if others are going to be fishing i'll stay.

i am staying till monday sometime. i have to be home at like 330 for our last wrestling meet of the year, but will have time to fish somewhere before heading home dan.

What time are people getting there Friday? What time can we get into the cabins? I am feeling sick that day so will not be at school. Therefore, I can leave early if anyone is planing on fishing in the area during the morning/afternoon. Let me know if there is any experienced fly fisher that is willing to show this newbie a thing or 50 about fly fishing before the crowd gets there smile.gif

Srry marc. Forgot you caught all the fish last time you were there rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

Hey Hunter, I plan on hitting tippy friday mournin and if I don't do well there hit the flies only water of the PM on friday. Let me know if you want to hook up. I will be leaving TC sometime friday mournin.

Hey all i will getting up there hopefully around 3 or 4 can't get out any earlier.Let me know or Pm were some might want to meet let me know.Have only fished pm a few times so any help will do.Want to try and hook a few or just one before every one else takes them all.won't want to name names biggrin.gif you pro's.Just kidding.hope to have a great time.

tt

Hey Stelmon, just let me know when and where Friday and I will be there. I have only my fly fishing gear so if this is not what you are looking at doing at Tippy, I will be needing some help in regards to equipment....... Also, in case anyone else is checking this thread.... what is the plan in regards to food for the weekend? Are we looking to "dine out" for dinner? Should I plan on packing some "lunch food" for when we are out and about? Or should I just show up and let the chips fall where they may? smile.gif Not looking to complicating things, just wondering what to "plan" for. As of now, I PLAN to pack: tying gear, fishing gear, sleeping gear, drinking gear, more fishing gear, a saw for Shoe's ladder, and more fishing gear smile.gif I tend to pack WAY more than I need yet I ALWAYS forget something smile.gif

Hey is a baitdunker like me invited? I gots to work on saturday but I will be fishing Sunday for sure. Any rooms open for Saturday night? I will have to keep an eye on this thread smile.gif

Jeez, i check out this thread an i see my name posted before i am even a member.... tongue.gif