Fly Tying
day5

Hook poll

Hook type  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We have covered this topic before but I want to know why you make your choice. I prefer Dai Riki and Dai Ichi. Dai Riki because the cost vs quality is unbeatable. And Dai Ichi because I believe it is the best hook made. They are the sharpest strongest and have a excellent variety. I have used Mustad and they make a great hook. As far as Tiemco.... There cost vs quality is sad. That sure is one expensive name.

Daiichi, Mustad, and Partridge. I use Mustad 90% of the time but if I was going to go with best made hooks it would be a close toss up between Partridge and Daiichi.

Joe Fox

#1 Ronn Lucas Sr.

#2 Daiichi

#3 TMC

#4 Dai Riki

#5 Mustad(only cause the vast number of models, I hate Mustad and will only buy them if a certain model isn't made by someone else.)

Primarily Tiemco but have used whatever is available. I have some Tiemco, Daiichi, Mustad, Montana Fly Company and I'm sure if I dig a little deeper I'll probably find some Dai Riki's and who knows what else. :dunno:

Mike

I'm wondering if there is a test published that test durability and strength of different hooks? Alex will your gizmo at work do that ??? I did a Google search of every word combination I could dream up but to no avail. I did find lots of other cool stuff LOL!!

I go only Daiichi with some exceptions that are only available in Partridge. Can't beat them, never had a hook break yet unlike some brands.

Dry Fly light wire hook is only TMC, the strongest light wire hook

Dia Rikki for the rest, the value is great. Never had a problem. Fish them a lot

Carl

I've heard that if you try to bend a bent mustad back to its original shape it will break more often than Tiemco will