Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Saltydog

BROKEN BACK

BROKENBACK,

this fly I did a while back another I just found in my pile. so here it is , was tied to imitate a brokenback bait the TOP ONE is theregular fly.

any comments , GOOD ,BAD, INDIFFERENT, Ill take 'em all.

GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN cheers.gif

post-21-1077973378.jpg

Salty

Is that fly using two hooks?

I am a big believer in making baitfish have a wounded presentation and that will defiently give that look. I would maybe consider adding some red somewhere in the fly since it is an injured baitfish. Looking good Salty wink.gif

Smalliehunter, yes that one was, Ive done them w/ looped ends also using mono, I have a wonded Bait Fish I tied a while back w/ red in the middle, Ill see if I can find it.

some times tying a SMALLER fly will work BETTER than the big one that I tied here, they seem to SUCK them up QUICKER.so PLEASE do a smaller one an post it. I might LIKE yours BETTER dunno.gif

GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN headbang.gif

nice tie!!! Been experimenting with a deer hair broken back pattern...it's a bit tricky, but it's coming along...

Nice work, Dog!!

BIG DADDY, I did one of thoes a few years ago Ill see if I can find it, I used mono inbetween (from hook to hook) had to fish it SLOW to get the action out of it BUT the BASS,PIKE AN PICKREL loved it. good louck on tyin it hope to see it soon .

P.S. your ROP fly will be going out this week, been busssssssyy.I thought retiering was going to be easy dunno.gif

GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN. cheers.gif