Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sage8wt

Hex Wiggle Nymph

Eeh I do nto care much for that one!!! Just kidding!!! a spring time killer there!!!

why don't you put down the materials that you use? I mean why submit a patern to the database and not put down the materials.? I always thought that that is why the database is there so that we can all give the flies a go.

Looks a lot like the Spring Wiggler just add eyes!! Of course a few of them...like the bottom left white...looks like some kind of strip of fur with some copper ribbing...

Great flies!! I just tied a few of them last week...looks like some killers!!

Sage...I would like to know what the white material you used is!!! I really like the white ones

Good Day,

Dude, stop sharing all the great secrets! Haha...

That should help grab you all kinds of fish... steelies, trout, heck, even gills!

Steelie

FasterFish - I believe this pattern is Phesant tail, philoplume, tan dubbing, soft hackle, copper rib, mono eyes

Good looking stuff Bob ;)

#6 2X Long 2X strong nymph hook (I dont' recall the hook number off hand)

I tie in pheasant tail fibers for the tail and then fold the remainder of the pheasant tail back (I will use this for the wing case). tie in an aftershaft of soft grizzly hackle, tie in gold rib, dub the body with cream colored dubbing. pull the aftershaft forward, tie off, pull the pheasant tail forward and tie off. rib the body of the fly, being careful not to trap too many of the aftershaft fibers. tie off the ribbing. whip finish. i then trim the aftershaft feather to make nice uniform 'gills'.

I take a curved caddis hook, size 8 and tie on the eyes. i then slide a piece of mono (about 4" of 20 lbs) through the hook eye of the completed rear half of the fly. I then lay the mono on the curved caddis hook that is still in my vice, i wrap in the mono, first wrapping it forward then folding the mono back and wrapping it in that way again. tie in a wingcase of pheasant tail, a grizzly soft hackle, dub the thorax with gold/yellow/light orange dubbing about 1/3 the way to the eyes. palmer the hackle forward, dub the rest of the head. pull the wing case forward, pushing the hackle to the sides, tie off, whip finish...keep away from the trees.