Fly Tying
easterngray

C&F 9000 vise

Here's nice big picture of the C&F 9000 vise. Yikes she's a beauty, but close to 800 bucks... :crying: Anyhow, i thought you might like to see it. Cheers, Alec

IPB Image

HOLY CROW !

This looks more like something you'd perform some sort of robot surgery with !

Looks like a helluva vise, but at $800 ....

Thanks for posting this cool pic !

This pic will likely be as close as I ever get to one of these. These won't ever be in our local shops and likely will go away. I agree that I like the LAW better than I do. At this price, a LAW might be a bargain. :(

Nice looking tool, if I win the million dollar a year for 25 years I will donate a few for F.T.F. contest prizes. Then again its only, just under 5000 Bloodworms I have to dig.

It is nice but, if I was going to spend $800 I'd get a LAW.

If I was going to spend $800 I'd get shot by the wife for sure she just found out what I spent on my new 2wt blank and I had to send the dog in the house for a couple days.

roger that... at $800, it's no longer a hobby, a lifestyle, or even an addiction... it's an illness! I don't even know what all that stuff hanging off it is! :)

I saw one in a fly shop awhile back. Kind of pretty but I felt like it was buying a Rolls Royce to go to the store in.

Dave

When I see a vise design such as this I ask myself: Which problem does the designer try to solve?

From what I can see I am not clear on the answer. I guess I will have to wait until I can have a hands-on play with one B)

Cheers,

Hans W

When I see a vise design such as this I ask myself: Which problem does the designer try to solve?

From what I can see I am not clear on the answer. I guess I will have to wait until I can have a hands-on play with one B)

Cheers,

Hans W

obviously, the designer has attempted to try to cram every possible solution to every possible problem on one tool. In my experience I've learned that the best possible solution to any problem is almost always the simplest.

Interestingly enough the C&F 9000 sells for a fair bit less in Europe. Generally the reverse is true, but for once Europe has the USA price beat. It is available in the Old World for 499 Euro, which at the present conversion rate translates to about US$ 645.

Cheers,

Hans W

I went to their website and read about the vice. One interesting feature...one side of the jaw is magnetized to hold the hook in place while closing the jaws. Thinking about magnetizing my vice jaws. Anyone have experience with this?

RC

I have 2 vices that serve all of my needs and I can't imagine any problem I could have the this vise could solve, or any other vise. I'll stick with my Regal and my Norvise.

Thanks