Fly Tying
Hammer Jammer

Can you see any Improvement ?

I got some new materials today and am trying to get a flater wrap, better ballance, & closer matierials

Please give feedback

Thanks

Hammer Jammer

:blink: :baby: :dunno:

post-10024-1170564135_thumb.jpg

This attempt is a bit better than your previous Rusty Rat but here are a couple of pointers.

1) You shouldn't have any thread showing at the butt of the fly, it should transition from the oval gold tinsel right to the floss body.

2) The tail looks much better, if you had some peacock sword it would look better still.

3) Your body proportions should be almost 50/50 floss and peacock herl with 5 wraps of oval gold tinsel, also i just noticed that you forgot the body veiling

4) Your wing should be a bit more full and if you have a hair stacker then even out the tips before tying in the Grey Fox

5) The hackle is a bit better but if you have any webbier hackle it would really improve the look of the fly, also tie the hackle back so it is pretty well touching the wing of the fly, the hackle should have that swept back look.

Way to go!! That is a great improvement.

I like the look of the red hook on the pattern, really adds to the fishiness of the fly in my eyes.

Jamie crossed the T's and dotted the I's, and is right on point with his constructive criticism.

Keep at it, pretty you soon you will be thinking about how you can save a wrap of thread here and there when tying in different materials.

~ Frank