Fly Tying
Isonychia

I won't be posting much for a while...

Hi, guys...

It will probably be a month or so before I post any new flies on this or the Classic Wet Fly and Streamer forum. I'm scheduled to have two lumbar vertebrae fused on Thursday, and the doc says I probably won't feel much like sitting up to tie for quite a while.

On the positive side, I've battled back problems for more than four years now, and this surgery promises to relieve me of the pain that has kept me from doing the things I most like to do -- wading trout streams, hunting turkeys and (blush!) mowing the grass.

The reason I'm posting this now, instead of Wednesday, is that I'll be scrambling like a cat covering up on a marble floor in a desperate attempt to get a million family-related and work-related things done while I still can.

I'll check in from time to time, and will probably fire off a post or two in response to others' flies. But unless the doc was painting a worst-case scenario, I doubt you'll see any flies from me for a while.

John

Best of luck with the surgery, John! My dad had similar surgery a number of years ago and he said it fixed the pain he had in his back right away. He said that it was like the doctor turned off a switch and the pain went away.

Looking forward to seeing your posts in the future.

John,

Best of luck during the surgery and I hope you have a fairly speedy recovery. It may seem like forever but you'll pull through it and be better for having it done.

Hi John,

No worries you will soon be back to 100% and showing us just how talented a tyer you are. Keep us up to date on how things are going. If you need anything let me know.

All the best Davie

Sorry to hear that the procedure's gotta be done but happy thinking about the relief it will afford you John. You'll have plenty of time to plan and map out your return to the vise which we will all look forward to.

Please keep in touch and update us on your recovery

Dave

Just like riding a bike John, No worries, we will miss your postings, wishing you the best for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Here's to a speedy recovery. We'll keep your seat warm for you and wish you a speedy recovery so you can get back behind the vise.

I bet that after a week or so you'll improvise so that you will be able to sit up in bed and get a vise in front of you somehow. ;) Get well soon!

I bet that after a week or so you'll improvise so that you will be able to sit up in bed and get a vise in front of you somehow.

The thought had crossed my mind... :devil: And John McLain, bless him, sent me a few rather large hooks with orders to learn to tie in-hand during my convalescence. I intend to give it a shot. :blink:

Thanks, guys, for all your wishes. If good vibes equate to good healing, I've got it made! :thumbsup:

John

I had back surgery some years ago, and just hope for the best in all and every part of the surgery and recovery.

And when your in the recovery room, hit the cocktail button as often as you can ;)

Todd