Fly Tying
Isonychia

I probably won't be posting for a while...

Hi, guys...

It will probably be a month or so before I post any new flies on this or the Classic and Artistic Salmon Fly forum. I'm scheduled to have two lumbar vertebrae fused on Thursday, and the doc says I probably won't feel much like sitting up to tie for quite a while.

On the positive side, I've battled back problems for more than four years now, and this surgery promises to relieve me of the pain that has kept me from doing the things I most like to do -- wading trout streams, hunting turkeys and (blush!) mowing the grass.

The reason I'm posting this now, instead of Wednesday, is that I'll be scrambling like a cat covering up on a marble floor in a desperate attempt to get a million family-related and work-related things done while I still can.

I'll check in from time to time, and will probably fire off a post or two in response to others' flies. But unless the doc was painting a worst-case scenario, I doubt you'll see any flies from me for a while.

John

I wish you the best of luck in your surgery. My mom went through this over 50 years ago due to TB in her spine. I'm sure you will recover completely and be able to enjoy things once more. My mom did. It took a while, but she did it.

Mark

Just look at it as your time to have your feet up and let others take the strain for a while. Best of luck John for a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:

All the best with your surgery, John. I'll miss all your great flies that you post, but I know you'll be back.

Take care,

Mike

Heal up quick John, gonna miss your flies. On the up side maybe your time away from the vise will result in some more of your wonderful writings for us ;)

John, good luck with the surgery. I had the same thing done in August 2005. Once it heals up you'll feel a million times better. Just take it easy and let it heal good.

John: Hope it went well and that you are feeling better. Just found out that my back pain is due to osteoarthritis and two herniated lumbar discs -- will be interested to hear about your surgical and recovery experience.

Spring is coming!

Bill