Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bugtyer

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest

My name is Shawn. I stumbled upon this site and knew right away this is a nice place to hang out. I have been tying flies for over 13 years. I really like to spin deer hair. I love fishing for bass and bluegill. Unfortunately for me, I live in salmon country. Large bass and gills are hard to find up here. I hope I can contribute to this site. Thanks for your time.

Shawn

Welcome to the Site Bugtyer,

Stick around here long enough they may get you convinced to go after some of the Salmon too. wink.gif

I am quite sure you will enjoy this Site. It seems that they cover a lot of different species. biggrin.gif

Blashpemist. How could you possibly prefer to fish those warmwater fish. You must be originally from California. wink.gif

Welcome aboard. But I prefer the coldwater species (salmon, steelhead, and sturgeon).

Tacoma here.

Welcome bugtyer, you have made your way home. Great site and great guys and gals. Wooo hoooo. You can hopefully pick up some pointers and leave some to. Jump on in anytime. bugeyes.gif

Welcome aboard and dont worry we wont push the coldwater fish on you (steelhead) so just sit back (salmon) relax and enjoy the site (trout) it really doesnt(salmon) matter what you fish for (steelhead) we enjoy(trout) all kinds of (salmon) fish here!

SD wink.gif

FINALLY!!!!! ANOTHER BASS MAN!!!! I get so tired of these prissy little trout guys that I could scream!! Smalliehunter and I catch so much grief about our "stinky" smallmouth that sometimes we feel ashamed and talk in code so noone knows what we are saying...it's almost a "closet" thing! Sure feels good to know that we aren't the only ones addicted to REAL fish!!! Glad to have you aboard!

LOL BDH. I don't consider a 15' sturgeon a stinking little trout. wink.gif Um, nor do I consider a 40+# king, nor a 20+# steelhead either. biggrin.gif tongue.gif wink.gif Trout, who fishes trout? Maybe the sea run type for this kid. headbang.gif

Love catching 20 incher trout and 30 incher steelhead. Although I do fly fish for smallmouth, love catching them. Check this out, I have caught some that are 5/6 in. Not all bass are big tongue.gif Although, as long as I can get my feet wet, I am happy.

Steeldrifter, loved your post, I laughed out loud when reading it. Thanks for the laughs devil.gif

BDH

I sold all of my friggen bass tackle in 92 and aint regretted a minute of it!!!!! Now Wrench has started in on me to take up fishing for smallies( Shudder) Aint one addiction enough!?! Glad to have you on board Bugtyer some good folks here

not to mention info

Tight lines,always

Tube blink.gif

Welcome aboard the more the merrier. Everything goes give and take here and a hell of a good time doing it. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Fatman

Hey bugtyer, where at in the PNW? I'm just NW of Portland. The bass and gills are fun but the trout and steelhead are what I like.

Jim

Troutman - I am in Vancouver. We are practically neighbors. I have been here for over 6 years and have never made it out for those ocean going critters. I will one of these days. If you make it to the Tying Expo in Eugene on the 20th, stop by and say hello. I will be tying bassbugs during the last session. Hope to see you there.

Shawn

There is a gentleman that I had the pleasure of meeting several years ago that lives up your way by the name of Stan Fagerstrom, Big time bass fisherman and writer. Check out his book Catch more Bass, it's a little dated but some of the bass clubs mentioned in it may still be going.

Tight Lines,

Fatman