Fly Tying
oatka

Name my fly tying party!!!

Ok, so for a while i've been thinking of having a few guys over to the house to tie flies. I've got about 4 other friends that tie, and i thought getting together for a night of tying would be fun. but, i haven't planned the date yet, but i've been thinking about ideas for it.

so, i've heard of some you guys doing "Bugs and Beer" nights...but we don't drink beer. so, my buddy suggested "Pop & Poppers." I like it, but then it sort of (not really) limits what we tie to poppers...again, not really. so, any of you have suggestions for a name for the night? i just thought that maybe we'd get a copy of Trout Bum Diaries to watch that night too.

Let the name suggestions roll in guys!!! (why do i even need a name? who knows. maybe it makes it sound more official and then i'll put a date to my idea.)

:yahoo:

We call ours beer and bugs I got the name from one of the best fly shops in the country. Tight lines in DePere Wisconsin. They let me join in on one while I was in town for training last year. I had so much fun I brought the idea back. Ive had 3 Sage is having one in 2 weeks.

GREAT ideas, keep them coming. my wife and i like what you've given so far. oh, by the way, she scrap books so she'll be provide the fancy (hopefully not girly) invitations.

she just suggested:

Fizzy Nymphs

Hook 'R Nymphs

of course, there's Guys & Flies

Sip an Spin.. ahh sounds a lil too much like a Rye n Tye or a

Sip and Whip or a haha.. ;)

how about Friends of a Feather .... yeahh , corny

I'll stop now