Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Alex C.

Tiger Musky Question

I love wikipedia :headbang:

I'm curious mainly cause I'd like to target them and if they go about normal spawning rituals it would make it easier to find them during that time of year.

I've read that even if they are sterile they don't know it and still go through the "rituals".

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Thats what I was hoping to hear. It sure would be sweet to hook up with one. I caught one on spinning gear about 5 years ago, just a smaller one in the 24" range though. I'd love to get one on a fly rod. Any type of Musky for that matter

I can't answer your mating question but I can tell you this.

There are quite a few bodies of water here in NY that the state stocks with TM.

One that seems pretty good for flyfishing is Lake Durant in a state park of the same name.

It's deepest part I believe is about 20 ft and is less than 400 acres in surface area. Lots of little inlet areas and weeds and tree stumps from what I saw there about 2 years ago.

It's not too far from you also.

Here's link for it if you are interested.

Lake Durant

I think that's how it was created but am not positive. I do know there are alot of parks created during the Depression by the Civilian Conservation Corps.

One example of the CCC's work is this one.

Pixley Falls Park between Rome and Booneville, NY used to be a farm once owned by a family of the same name.

The Sportsman's Connection mapbook for that section of NY has a nice little map of Lake Durant in it. Check Wal Mart or Gander Mtn should have it in stock. Not too sure where else to tell you look for the book.

That happens when you start combining species, "pike" "musky" = tiger musky.

Palimino trout "rainbow trout" And I think a golden trout don't qoute me on that.

Kamloop trout "rainbow trout" and something else not qiute sure.

But all of these fish don't reproduce but they do go through the spawning rituals.