Fly Tying
day5

THE CARP BOX

the second fly to the carp box. 070 dai riki (3906b was to long) size 10 white foam whit maraboo and osterach herl for the seed. Ok Ive had enough of tying plant flies!!! :blink:

post-2608-1171496846_thumb.jpg

Good Day,

what are you wearing for me tonight sweetheart?

I am staying away from this one...

Matt - the mulberries look pretty cool! When I lived overseas we used to tie small deer hair "balls" in white or cream to represent bread balls people threw out to the carp and milkfish. Quite effective!

Steelie

Good Day,

Matt - don't forget when the birds get into them... purple bird poop everywhere! But the berries make nice jams and pies!

Steelie

The coon tail clouser. A tiny little couser that is the perfect bite size fly for carp!!!! the coon tail dosent stick to its self when wet it flairs out the fly looks as long as it is wide when in the water

post-2608-1171660987_thumb.jpg

I cant remember the name of this fly to save my life! I saw Redwings tie some at mason a few years back. Any way it is a carp and smallie killer!!!

post-2608-1171661157_thumb.jpg

Lokin good Matt. Gota love those bugger barns. I saw a truck on my way home from work last week with a bugger barn sticker on his tool box in the back. I felt like he was my brother :lol:

A damsel nymph ribed with lace

One of the river that I hit in the summer the damsels collect on the edges of the plants. The Carp munch the edges of the plants and suck the nymphs right off. Im hopping to drift these to the edges and hold them there while the carp chew the plant like a corn cob!!

post-2608-1171685488_thumb.jpg

I know white eggs work well here in WV. Im not a big fan of catching carp, and Am amazed that folks actually try to catch these things.

Dustin

Dustin I was in your camp for a long time but last summer I had more fun catching them than any other fish. They run like crazy and are plentiful. Plus BIG a 25 pound fish is common I landed one over that last year on my 6wt. I have seen many over 50 pounds! Give it a try!!!