Fly Tying
conehead

My wife's surgery

Let me start by saying, I am not looking for a reply, so many of you have already contacted in so many ways. I just wanted to give you an update.

Dear Friends,

Debbie went into surgery at 11:00 AM Tuesday the 13; the doctors finished at 7:00 PM, yes that’s 8 hours. By the time the doctor finally talked to me, I was mentally spent. But God answered prayer and the doctor gave us good news.

The cancer was fully contained in the colon and did not break through the lining into her body. Her doctor believes they removed all cancerous cells and could not find any trace in any of Deb’s lymph nodes, organs, or blood work (we are still waiting for test results). Two surgeons spent most of their time trying to free Deb’s colon from the massive scar tissue that was caused by 4 previous surgeries throughout Deb’s life. My wife deserves a purple heart. Deb will be in Holy Spirit Hospital for about 7 days.

I want to thank you all for the prayer and concern you have shown us. My wife cried when I read her all the encouragement from fly-fishermen who she does not even know.

George

AKA Conehead

PS: We do not yet understand what purpose God will bring from this experience. But we do know that God never wastes an experience and always works for our good. It's all about attitude.

What great news to share with my wife. Here's a few prayers coming at you both from southern california.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

We appreciate the update, and i wish your wife the best, and a speedy recovery, The two of you have been through alot lately, and deserve some great news!!!! Keep us updated.

Dustin

good news!!! gotta love that! My mother was in the critical care unit of a local hospital for nearly nine months and after a double amputation, finally came home on Monday.....i understand the fear and dread associated with watching a loved one suffer and the feelings of hopelessness....glad we both have better things to look forward to!!! My best to you and yours! :)

While I'm not new to the forum, I haven't been active for very long, so I don't really know who you are. Still, several times, over the past few weeks, I've found myself including your and your wife in my prayers. I'm glad to see things are looking up. Of course, when we look up things do look better, don't they.