Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

"The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Hello,My name is Alan but probably better known as Highlander. Living here in Scotland,I have a wealth of Game Fishing to choose from.Been fishing since early boy hood,first with the humble worm,then "The Flee" as we call it here.

Like to fish the "Wild Waters" in the traditional wet style.Atlantic Salmon & Sea Trout to,but as my wife says I am not a threat to the Atlantic Salmon,very droll my good lady is.

Fish hard to come by on my club waters,but even if I do not catch any I do it with a wee bit of style.Having said that a 20lb fresh Atlantic resides in my freezer.Size 12 Shrimp fly & 40 minutes to land it,so I must be doing it right some of the time .Been a fly tier (dresser) for more years than I care to remember.Trout wets,Salmon hair-wing & my beloved Clyde Style are my favourites.Have my own web site which tells a we bit more about where I come from,so step in & have a look if you have a minute to spare.Hope I have something to offer the forum & to enjoy meeting like minded people even if it is only online.

The Highlander Way

Tight Lines

Welcome to the forum!!! Your the first international member that I am aware of and I look forward to getting your unique perspecitives on fly tying. I'm curious to see just how much difference there is in our style of tying.

Hi Alan.

Welcome to the forum.I have a book titled"The Greatest Fly Fishing Around the World" It shows some beautiful rivers & streams in Scotland namely-River Carron,Oykel,Dee,and the Kirkaig.

Highlander have you fished some of these? If so any big salmon?How about Smallmouth bass?

I live in Ohio.My son and I are headed to Michigan to Salmon fish next week.

I'll speak at you later. headbang.gif

Leaky Waders

Just a note to the board. Alan and I have been internet friends for several years. I am luck to have several of Alan's flies that I cherrish. They will never see the water. Alan is "the person" when it comes to wet flies. A very gifted tier. We are fortunate to have him visiting the board.

Best Regards,

Carl

Welcome aboard Highlander, just remember...."there can only be one." Just my jab atcha....glad you're here!!!!!! tongue.gif