Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bud Guidry

Adopt an IC Program

i'm starting a new program called adopt an indian crow patch program. if any of you are interest in me adopting your indian crow patch please PM me or email asap. i promise to give them a good loving home. i will send you a picture once a year so you can see just how well your patch is doing . B)

Adopt an Indian Crow patch President,

Bud Guidry

Ha, ha, Bud. Since I have exacly five loose IC feathers, I think I'll hold on to them. And don't dis me if

I only put a cheek on one side of a fly. :hyst:

Bud, what a novel idea. I think I'll open an assisted living place for old crow patches.

Your Sasquatch and Yeti patches are on the way. You may want to wear gloves when you are handling the Sasquatch pube patch. :hyst:

More red feathers arrived today! :yahoo: Others too!!!!!!

I think it is a great idea but I think you should quarantine all of the patches in south Ga for a couple of months before taking them in. :)

Dang Bud, I wish I would have known you were starting this program. :wallbash:

I was recently traveling abroad and came across a street peddler who had a live Indian Crow in a cage. I asked what he wanted for the bird and he said he wasn't selling the bird, but was selling the cage for $10. I told him that was awfully steep, but I would take it if the bird came with it. "Deal!" I got back to my hotel room, rung it's neck and threw it in my suitcase.

The next day on the way back to my hotel, I came across the same peddler. He had another Indian Crow in a cage. I told him that I really had no use for two cages, but would love another Indian Crow to keep the other company. He said that the bird was worthless, but since economic conditions were hard, he would be happy to sell me the Indian Crow for $5. Before finslizing the deal, I asked if he had more Indian Crows. He said he had an unlimited supply. I told him I'd give him $100 for 25. He said the only problem with that was that I wouldn't be able to fit that many birds in the cage I had bought the day before. So the only way he would do it, was if I bought another cage for $10. Plans were to meet each other the next morning.

I meet the man the next morning and when I showed up with an empty cage he became very upset. I asked what was wrong and he began screaming something to the effect that the bird was missing. I calmed him down and told him that I had locked the bird in the bathroom back at my hotel room. He was pulling a wheelbarrel. In it was a very large cage with 25 Indian Crows in it. I handed the man the money and took them back to my hotel room. One by one I rung their necks and threw them in my suitcase.

A few days later I returned home. I skinned each Indian Crow and processed each skin.

About 6 months ago I moved to New York from Michigan. Well I had a lot of tying stuff to move and had to try to get rid of items I didn't use very often. One of the first things I threw out were 24 of the 26 Indian Crow skins. I took the 25th skin and dyed it black. Then I took the 26th skin adn duct taped it to the lid of the rubbermai container that most of my materials were in. That way any bugs would be drawn to the Indian Crow and not my good tying materials such as my ringnexk pheasant skins, strung marabou, and rabbit strips.

I sure wish I'd have known you were gonna start this IC program, I would have given you those skins.

:D

Is it Spring yet? :lol:

You guys talk about Yettie fur, like its something hard to find, hell we have an open season on em here in WV, because they are so distructive. I got 2 in the freezer, that Im gonna take to the taxidermist to get mounted. :dunno:

Dustin

Yetti, that stuff is pretty common in Michigan:rolleyes: Dude I got Unicorn mane that I use for my stonefly nymph antennae. I got Dodo feathers I use for wingcases on my hare's ears. I just used the last of my Lucifer feathers(what, it's not like he needed them anymore :dunno: ) :lol:

Bud I'll be very happy to help are searching for any volunteers to look after neglected or abused Fruitys in need of rehoming in a caring environment.

I feel a loving home is particularly crucial for those IC skins who feel vulnerable and in need of assistance in shucking feathers in the days running up to the annual moult.

BTW had you considered a naming scheme? I already have an idea to call the first one I look after for you 'Sodoff-it's-minenow' - a jovial Indian farewell that was often used by the early Mayan fly dressers as they herded great flocks of Fruity capes off into the Yanos sunset.

Dave

ok Dave you can handle the overseas part of this idea. i'm sure there may be homeless IC'S in your part of the woods also. Ronn's gonna do the west coast and we can find some one for the NE. might think of someone later. until then you guys spread the word so we can get help to these needy crow patches asap. i'm setin up a battery of really nice brand new tupperware containers. the ones that are air tight so they are nice and comfy.

Alex, it's a sad shame buddy, we could have done so much for the little red guys

Ronn, i'm ready for that stained scotum skin attached hair patch. i got an air tight container save for that one also.

Bud

by the way...

if anyone has a pet bird, (any cotinga, turkey, woodduck, scarlet ibis,jungle fowl, bird of paradise, quetzal...etc) and it happens to pass onto the big cage in the sky, whether by instant lead poisoning, rapid loss of oxygen or natural causes, i will offer, not only my condolences but also a very economical burial service for your lost...uhh...best friend

:innocent:

Ted, birds and especially red ones aren't safe around here. I'll keep you in mind once my cemetery fills up but there is a long way to go. :hyst:

Email your mailing address so I can put it in my rolodex so I can send my overflow (should that time ever come{8^))

Bud,

We've got a homeless Crow Indian who stands on one of the local street corners begging for money. Do you want to adopt him? I didn't get the words backwards again I did?

Charlie Vestal

Sign in to follow this