Fly Tying
oatka

LOTS of tying desk pictures

Often I see posts asking people to show their tying desks. Sometimes it's so others can get ideas, and sometimes it's so others can feel good about their own desk not being as messy as others. For me, I search for these desk because I'm in the process (very very slow process) of upgrading mine. So, with all the searching for pictures I've found quite a few, and now I'm going to show what I've found. Many of these you might recognize because they come from this site and the users, others might be from somewhere else. Either way, I hope you enjoy them. There might be a few duplicates or alternate camera angles, but either way, it's a great set of images to inspire anyone!

Grab a drink, you could be lost in here for a while.

Enjoy!

A Collection of Desks

Wow, how long did it take you to compile that batch? It looks like you've got every one's desk that posted pics of them. Nice work.

Paul

Oatka,

Yea there are quite a few desks, some look like a bomb went off others are so neat an kept that i bet Monk wouldn't mind tying at them.when i started tying 11 years ago to the present i used a 1 1/2 foot piece of fiber board laid across my lap whil ei tied on my futon watching tv, or listening to my stereo. Ive tied literally a few thousand dozen flies on this setup, unfortunately i went and bought a chest from sespe tying furniture out in California . and i bought a base that has several long drawers , thinking i had more than enough room for all my tying needs .Lol yes that dint last for long now i havelarge lockable rubbermaid airtight containers filled an then some with evrything and i mean everything i need to tie almost anything from a-z,from trout and freshwater to saltwater and salmon & steelhead. now i think im gonna splurge since lately my job has decided that they need me to die at work { i usually work 6-7 12 hrs days a week).I have checked out that made to fly desk and i seriously like it alot.300 chips is a lot for a tying surface but i finally tied at the one they have displayed at tco outfitters in reading. I 'll be buying that with the ol income tax money . I also have an enormous libray of books ,videos,dvds. when i get the olympus 720sw im after with whats left over from buying the desk id like to try an take a few pics to share . would that be ok woth you guys?

Lonewolve

Rick

Thanks for taking the time to search these out and post them. I am still sort of new at this and it helps to see what others have done.

Terry T

Steeldrifter, I can pick yours out....before and after the renovation! so, yes, i spend too much time on here! :D

I see my set up in there twice, once all nice and clean cause it was for a photoshoot for a book, and the second time after I moved and it was a mess.

It's time for some cleaning and organizing, got a lot of ideas from the pictures, very cool post !!!

I found mine on there but it's a bunch cleaner and neater there than it was after I moved. I have a new set-up now .. actually two. It may even be three when I get my grandson's tying space set. I have a 2 bedroom apartment that I'm going to have one set up for guys that come spend some time here to fish the river and need some flies. It'd be nice to have kind of a "lodge" atmosphere. That's kind of what I'm pushing for. :rolleyes:

Mike

Mine was the very first one, but that was my old setup <_< and I must say Steve, I agree with ya, I cane match many of those setups to their owners.

That is pretty cool for ideas on how to upgrade.

Dustin

thank you for posting this collection of desks. I think I may recognize a couple of those. BTW,,,, who the hell puts an oakland raiders flag over their desk? talk about bad karma.

john

they are all neat, but the one with the aquarium scares me, if it leaks by-by books and stuff,,, been there...i see my old one from when i was in a apartment. how confining compared to know...

That was cool! Great to see everyone's setup in one place. Got some great ideas too. Anyone that has those slick dovetail wooden storage boxes, please let me know where you got them.