Fly Tying
kmw59

spinning loop rabbit

Can anybody tell me how to form a spinning loop and spin rabbit fur. trying to spin it , so i can wrap it around the hook.

Thank you

kmw59

The best way is to make a dubbing loop and you can use cross cut or regular rabbit strips to do this, whatever your preference. When you have made your dubbing loop slide the rabbit strip into the loop and slide it about an 1/8 of an inch from the loop and cute the hair. After you cut the hair you can spread it out in the loop so it doesn't bunch up when you spin it. After you spread the hair out spin the loop and after spining lightly come the hair that may have gotten caught while spinning. That's the best that I can say, maybe someone else can elaborate.

if ya mean a dubbing loop, all you do is make a good size loop of about 4-5 inches of thread, wrap the bobbin end a few loops, wax your thread, apply your material, and then wind in up as usual. Tie it off at the end, and then clip the excess. Hope that's what your lookin for.

Thanks for the info. The fly that i am tying says, Form a spinning loop and add fur to loop and keep fur perpendicular to the loop.

Thanks

awesome link stonefly!i was tryin but failed a while ago. but now i see why. i need to stroke the hairs back next time!