Fly Tying

I am so screwed

Been there and done that. I lost my wedding ring in the GM windtunnel. That thing is never comming back. I am still living in the dog house over it.

Randy

That does suck. I'd give the metal detector thing a try. Heck, you're in Florida so there's gotta be some old fart around you who owns one and would let you borrow it.

I lost mine once. Where I used to work in Michigan we'd shut the plant down once every 2 weeks or so to perform preventaitve maintainance on all the machinery. Well I'd usually sign up to work OT as a Millwright or Electrical Helper. I'd always put my ring in my pocket so it wouldn't get caught on some piece of machinery and rip my finger off.

Well when it was time to punch out I reached into my pocket to grab my ring and was crapping my pants when it wasn't there. The place I worked at made particleboard, so while working on the different machines we were usually crawling around in piles of sawdust, piles of sawdust that got swept up and dumped into a giant furnace throughout the day. So I thought I was screwed. I stopped at the gas station on my way home from work and when I was paying for my stuff I noticed one of my pennies had a gold ring around the edge. Turns out that my ring finger is the exact same diameter as a penny. In fact they're so close that it was kinda hard to get the penny out :lol:

That is rough Paul. I know that terrible feeling myself. I got lucky and found mine nearly a month after it had been lost in a place I never would have imagined it could have gotten to...as I was getting ready to head in to town to buy a replacement. She knows that it is not something intentional; honestly it is pretty impressive to have made it 37 years around water nd not lost it before this.

I'd give the metal detector thing a try. Heck, you're in Florida so there's gotta be some old fart around you who owns one and would let you borrow it.

:hyst: :hyst:

I know how the sentimental things go. 37 years is a long one though. Man I hope you find it. If not, look on the bright side, you still have the 37 year reason behind that symbol. A good woman is hard to find, you can always upgrade or update the ring.

Ashby

Ouch! Sorry to heat that.

That's why I gained weight after marriage, I'd have to cut my finger off to get my ring off now! :whistle:

Good luck, bring flowers and talk fast, don't forget to duck.

Maybe an anniversary commemorative set is in order, If that doesn't work try a big fish story their eyes always seem to glaze over when I start one....

Jon

I thought my wife was crazy when we went ring shopping. She took along cold water and made me soak my hand before I got measured. Her reasoning was that she didn't want me to take it off or lose it while fishing.

But an honest mistake is an honest mistake. Now the time I left my glasses at the strip club that's hard to explain.

Jack

Sorry to hear the bad news Paul, My dad lost his ring in the yard when I was small and I still remember my mom talking about him loosing his ring. I woke up this morning and my ring wasn't on my finger, I freaked out, couldn't find it anywhere, I don't usually take them off, but sometimes when my finger gets itchy at night I take it off in my sleep.

If you've been together for 37 years that says something about your guys relationship, still I can only imagine how it feels, I'd be devastated if I lost mine.

I hope it turns up.

Paul. i did the same thing here but not as many years as you. 37 years huh? as everything else that has grown between you two in the past 37 years, so has the understanding. took a long time to get over that there was something missing on my finger though. good luck on finding it

Bud

Ouch. Let us know if it turns up... or how things turn out.

My grandpa lost his ring working in their vegetable/fruit garden... easily an acre in size. Many years later he was rototilling and up it popped.

Still... it's an inanimate object. I'd hate like hell to lose mine, but I can imagine much MUCH worse things happening to me, my wife or my kids.

Bummer!

I've not even had a "close call" in my 12 years, but sentimental reasons aside, there is some small comfort in knowing my very plain gold band is relatively inexpensive to replace (heck - it's less than many fly rods!). My wife's engagement ring... that's another story...

My wife looses her ring all the time <_<

First one she lost, second she thinks was stolen :rolleyes: , and just recently (last week) she found the newest one at her uncles after accusing me of hiding it and trying to teaching her a lesson :rolleyes:

I will do that if i see it off her finger again though :lol: