Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
newfie

You guys might appreciate this...

gros morne isnt in labrador, its in newfoundland, and i wouldnt go near that place in the winter or spring , late summer is your best bet

A lot of Newfoundlanders come here in the summer to work the farms. As do people from Jamaica. Its obvious that you can tell them apart up close, but in a field a long distance it is easier. Most crops are harvested in the fall, but temps are not that bad. the locals will be wearing jeans and a work shirt, the Newfies shorts and t shirts and the Jamaicans, big sweaters, winter coats with hoods tied up tight.

We had snow like that a few years ago. Many hours shoveling the drive way, to have the plow fill it back in. A couple more hours to clean it back out. Then woke up to another storm that filled it all back in worse. The question was, where do you put the snow?

We haven't had much this year, as far as I can tell looking out the window. I dont have to shovel here and I have been broker than a non fixable non fix it devise. So I haven't been out venturing at all.

Fishing season opens here April 1 and I hope there is still snow on the ground. I would rather see it snow coverd than flooded. An old saying...lots of snow and ice means lots of fish.

theres another storm now, just started 30+ cm's over night. pics to follow :D

we're starting to fill up our back yard now, theres no where to put it. roads that were four lanes are barely two anymore :blink:

just finished shoveling. too tired to take some more pics, ill get some, ill try to get the same angles as the last ones to show the growth

I noticed in the pics the plow hadn't been by yet. I like seeing the one shovel at the ready that someone left in the snowbank by the street. Shoveling is good exercise. You must be in great shape up there in Newfoundland. :D

Mike

it took almost a full day for us to get the street plowed. pretty much everyone was (and still is) shoveling just to pass the time