Fly Tying
Undertow

A material update

I posted recently about trying to find big bucktails, you guys gave me some good ideas of where to shop. I decided on J. Stockard. Well Im very glad I did. Recieved my order today. 6 large Northern bucktails, and a package of crystal flash for under thirty bucks. You cant beat that. The tails look great, exactly what I was looking for. As you can see from this pic you will understand by what I meant by bigger tails. The white tail is the size they sell at the local store up here. They work but I dont like having to buy one every month. Just wanted to say stockard has another satisfied customer.

Undertow

IPB Image

good deal, I may place my next order for materials with them. I'm thinking I NEED a new vise.... my Reed Tackle "master" vise has accounted for thousands of flies and has seen better days... My Financial Manager (wife) doesn't see it that way though.

Now that is the way Bucktails are supposed to look, that anorexic thing on the right must have come from a pretty scrawny deer. The average bucktail that comes through my shop (and most other shops for that matter) is about 5" across at the base and about 11-12" long, every once in awhile you will get a real monster that is closer to 16" long.