Fly Tying
oatka

Most unusual tying location

hmmmmm how does one tie a fly in a car? sounds like a good way to pass the boring 3hr drive to the troutstream riddled city of frostburg maryland. i'd really like to try that.

I used to tie flies to keep me going and match the hatch, when standing in the stream.

Hey Ted, who got the Bus Fly in the end ?

Roy

My wifes pregnacy with our son was complicated, so we were at her doctor 3 or more times a week. Took my stuff and tied in the Jeep. Small piece of plywood for a base. Hung the finished flies on the mirror. Got a lot strange looks and a good many flies tied.

Brad B)

In the dispatchers office at work when I'd fill in on a Saturday every so often.

In my work van on slow days. You'd be amazed how well yellow and white calftail shows up on a dark blue interior and uniform.

A picnic bench at a state park one Saturday afternoon.

Bass Pro Shops as part of a weekend long fishing promotion.

And most recently, in a hospital surgery waiting room. Alot of people came by to check it out and chatted.

I had 6 hours to wait so I worked on some CFR flies. It was more productive than sleeping and having my snoring wrecking havoc with others.

I finished 17 and tied in tails and beadheads for another 20.

Hi, Ted, glad the bus fly is safe :D

Unfortunately Newark is out of the question for me. :blink: I did try.

I'm free the following weekend, will be at the Loughs Agency Show in Derry, you coming over there?

Should be good craic.

Send my best to all at Newark, I'll be thinking of you all while I run the airline

tight silks,

Roy

hmmmmm how does one tie a fly in a car? sounds like a good way to pass the boring 3hr drive to the troutstream riddled city of frostburg maryland. i'd really like to try that.

I've seen Flyingcrayfish tie dozens of stonefly nymphs in my passenger seat on the way up north, I'd suggest bringing bandaids :baby:

In the hospital waiting to go to Heart surgery....Tied some sand eels with paper clips and corsair tubing (stents)...Nurses loved em...

When I lived back in VA and was flying back out here to go fishing with a friend in 1997. I tied on the plane at 40,000 feet. That was pretty cool to fish the Kings Canyon with those flies, and they caught fish. Other than that, out on the flight line one night when we were doing nothing but freezing our butts off. I sat by the heater, pulled out my materials and went to work.

Ashby

Basement bar with just a little portable heater and a clip on lamp( had no heat in basement)

in my laundry room on the folding table.......best of all AT Work during the unbusy hours of my long grueling days :whistle: (3hrs work on a 12hr shift) while gettin paid to do it...yeah baby yeah :headbang: :headbang: .....Actually wasnt a bad job got to do just about anything but couldnt stand my supervisor and a much better job (pay and bennies )came up and couldnt pass it up

Nice pictures of the flies in flight!

I wish I could tie at work, actually I could for the first hour or 2, if it wasn't for the fact that I had to clean up the mess that everyone else left for the last 2 days. I work with idiots!