Fly Tying
breambuster

Killer Big Bluegill Fly Swap

Got flies from Luvinbluegills today. Great looking flies. And SO neatly packed in the Altoids box! These ought to stir up some action.

Madkasel, I'll let you know when the Predators land.

Terry & Griff hope to have flies in the mail in the next day or so. And that leaves us with only 4 more to hear from.

Take care all,

BB

OK Griff, I'll let you know when they arrive. We are down to 5 sets including d5 & Arfly who hope to have flies in the mail soon. Keep 'em coming. The deadline is drawing near.

BB

The Predators have landed! Nice tie, Madkasel. As you know, I'm partial to this fly, but I really like your color combination. Ought to work really well.

And thanks, Arfly, for the update. I'll let you know when yours arrive.

BB

Glad they made it there OK. I was beginning to get worried!

I didn't plan out that color combo... it just kinda fell together as I started tying and grabbing materials. I really like it, too, and am anxious to fish it. I'll post a picture in the next day or two... still getting my new computer up to full speed.

I got flies today from Griff. VERY nice woven fly. Thanks a heap for your contribution.

Only 5 more sets to go, & 1 of them is in the mail. As soon as I get them all in, I'll divide them up & get them back to you. You're going to like this set of flies. There are a lot of flies & there is a lot of variety.

BB

Guys, Im very sorry to say, I cannot fulfill my end of the bargin on this swap, Im very sorry!! But in the last month my grandmother really took a turn for the worse, with stomach cancer, and liver failure. She passed away last week, and with dealing with all of the arrangements, and helping my grandfather, and my work schedual, I just could not get the time to get my flies tied. With that said, I hope you guys can understand and forgive me, but I must take care of my family first, its dwindling away fast. Thanks.

Dustin

Dustin, No problem about the swap. As others have said here, family must come first. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Thanks for letting us know.

I got flies today from Arfly & Terry Lee. Both sets are great looking flies. They should be very productive. Arfly, have you tried this pattern in other colors? It looks like a real winner.

Day5 has flies in the mail & so that accounts for all the sets except one. I have PMed Smokinprice my addy & he has received it. Hopefully I will be getting his flies soon.

As soon as I do, I'll get them divided up & back to everyone. I haven't had a chance to go yet, this year. It turned warm & then we had a VERY cold snap. Even the leaves on the oaks & pecans were killed back. It's going to be a bad year for squirrels & deer. But it's gotten warm again & as soon as my schedule will permit, I'm looking forward to trying out some of these wonderful flies.

Take care all.

BB

OK, I have just heard from Smokinprice and he, too, is going to have to withdraw because of unexpected situations that have arisen with his job & at home. So when Day5's flies get here, I'll be dividing them up & sending them back to each of you. If it's OK with everyone, I may keep one extra from each set & the others will go to another project that we are working on.

Thanks to everyone for your participation, encouragement, and for great communication during this swap.

BB