Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
jereme

Early Smallmouth Swap

They look good. I was thinking there has to be a better way to cut out 22 of those. that must have taken a while. I wonde if something like a crease fly faom cutter could be devised in a claw shape... hmmm another project for me to think about.

I don't know if you could use that kind of cutter on suede or not. I know of course it would work on foam. Let me know if you come up with an idea. :)

I'm looking forward to this set of flies. After what's hopefully the last cold weekend until Blackberry Winter in May, the next few weekends should be cranking up the smallie action.

i dont plan on using these for smallmouth (none in my area) but i really wanna try these out for largemouth!!! cant wait for the flies. :yahoo:

I have returned from my Montana trip (after landing a 21" brown) to find that we are still waiting on 2 sets of flies.

arkfisher - Had a mix up on getting them in the mail. They were sent priority yesterday. I expect them here before the end of the week.

aroostookbasser - he said they were in the mail almost 2 weeks ago... I will keep watchiong for them.

I got a set of nice flies from aroostookbasser today. :)

Just one set left. Hopefully I can get the flies divided and sent out by teh end of teh week.

I am still waiting on the last set of flies. I need to decide how long to wait before I just send out what I have recieved. Feedback would be appreciated.

As sad as it is to say I think Iam about burnt out on swaps it seems like every swap Iam in or running someone flys are late or they dont show up

their is a core of good tyers here way better than I can tie who allways get their flys in on time and other who seem not to care as much

I think you have waited long enough

JMO

FC

i say send them. we have waited long enough. its been 12 days past the due date, that person should have tied and sent them a long time ago. the swap is "early" smallie swap, and its not even very early anymore....

I agree. I am frustrated lately with swaps running late because of one or two tyers. I will send the flies out monday morning.

Well guys, I guess I was the culprit. :( I just checked my mail and the package made it all the way to Oregon, but for some reason was returned to me. :dunno: It got back here yesterday. I am unsure what happened...I just rechecked the address, and it's the same as the one that was PM'd to me. I am truly sorry about this guys. If you'll all PM me your addresses, I'll make sure you all recieve the fly that I tied..and I'll expect none in return. I just want to try to make this right. Sorry everyone was waiting.

-Richard

So we all know that the post office has let us all down before so here is what I propose. Arkfisher you send me the set of flies. I will go a head and send out the rest of the flies to everyone tomorrow. When The last set arrives I will mail all of the flies out to everyone. As the host, I would like to make this swap a succes and I do not feel like this was in anyway arfishers fault.

Jeremy