Fly Tying
byhaugh

Tying Flies and listening to your ipod

How Many Tie While Listening to an ipod?  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like many here I have a mp3 player that I use when doing yard work or work on the house. When tying I either listen to BellyUp Blues radio station on the computer or load the cd player with some blues or jam bands (Joe Bonamassa, Eric Clapton, Gov't Mule, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, etc.)

I have an Ipod and a docking station on my tying bench, and I usually rock out to classical, Kuttless, David Guetta, Devildriver, Garth Brooks and what ever else pops up in shuffle mode. :headbang:

I have a hard enough time concentrating on the fly as it is. Besides knowing how I tie, I'd probably tie the earbuds to the hook. :bugeyes:

I love listening to Paul Simon, The Beatles, Bob Marley, Jurassic 5, Kid Koala, Dragonforce. You should all look into Kid Koala if you like new age Jazz! all sounds from "Some of my best friends are DJs" and "your mom's favorite DJ" (hes my mom's fav DJ lol) were all samples off records and movies from the 1920-60....but its good!

I do some of the time. I have one of those towers that you put the ipod in the top and listen. Someday I'll get the tower closer to the fly tying desk so I can listen more.

wayne

I commented on music but non music podcasts are great to liten to also. I like comedy, fishing, and sometimes food.....although I try not to listen to food ones because it makes me want to cook. Probably on the top of comedy is Jimmy Pardo(Never Not Funny) and Comedy Death Ray. And ask about fly fishing, orvis ffgp, and itenerant angler for the fishing. I also enjoy the Maximum Fun casts, This American Life, and I love Movies(doug benson) and I listen to the Adam Corolla but sometimes the rants get tiresome. I have been dabbling in Last.fm for streaming music. Like the best radio station and you pick the artist.

Don't have an Ipod or an MP3 player.... I usually am listening to talk radio, or a Bluegrass CD..... and sometimes I just tie in silence!

Only infrequently. I usually prefer it quiet when I'm tying alone, and conversation when I'm tying with others.

No ipod too broke.I do listen to itunes or youtube playlists.Good charlote,weezer,drowning pool,nickelback,gomez,moby,we the kings,johnny cash,josh ritter. Yes i know i am random :headbang:

I've got several playlists of old hillbilly music on youtube and I usually tie while listening to that. I'm talking Kitty Wells, Ernest Tubb, Patsy Cline, George Morgan and, of course, Hank Williams Sr.

I've only just started, and that's because I have the study guide for E-6 on my iPod, and I test in February. Most of the time I refuse to do it, because of the close proximity of several pairs of very sharp scissors.

Most of the time I have the TV on about 12 feet away, with a Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, or History Channel episode going.

The vast majority of the tunes on my iPod are 80s hair bands (Skid Row, Iron Maiden, Poison, you get the picture), yet the only music I can listen to while tying is Pavarotti. Anything else just turns into a distraction.

Frank

I have a small radio that I sometimes tune to some easy listening station, but really I like to

tie late at night after everyone has gone to bed and there is nothing but quiet.

jman