Fly Tying
Carlin

A few photos

I was lucky enough to be able to spend a few weeks in New Zealand in February where I gave my somewhat new Canon 30D its first real workout. Here are a few of my favorite photos from the trip:

Fur seals:

IPB Image

Coming in for a landing:

IPB Image

Old electric fence:

IPB Image

Falls:

IPB Image

Sky over Akaroa:

IPB Image

Cicada:

IPB Image

Little fishes:

IPB Image

Those are some pretty awesome shots. I have a buddy of mine that lives there. He keeps on trying to talk me into coming down there to visit. I may have to do that one day. He said you can be fishing in the Bay of Plenty one minute, then one hour later hunting for deer. Got to love that.

Ashby

Those are incredibly beautiful, and a broad range of techniques, nicely executed. Saweeet. Makes me feel like packing my bags.

Graham

Those are some great pics Chris. :headbang:

I like the bird thats putting the landing gear down. :lol:

Leaky

WOW! Those are some great shot Chris. Did you have the good fortune to wet a line?

Paul

Chris,

Very cool shots you took here. Hope you had a great trip....silly question I suppose!

Love that Cicada picture. What a great shot. That camera will be doing wonders for you in the near future I"m sure.

I just had a gab with Graham on Outdoors site. He has a REALLY great shot of a huge 'bow, caught on one of your rods...also in the picture. I have saved it as my desktop. Awesome photo!!

I'll likely be talking with you sometime...rod talk etc.

Welcome home,

Jeremy.

Hey Jeremy,

I enjoyed our chat, and I'm sure you'll love fishing with a Carlin masterpiece rod. I love mine, will treasure and fish it for life, and also hope to buy a 4/5 as well. BTW, that's Chris holding my huge bow...lol.. I'm glad you like the photo. Hardy has the pic on their web gallery. I've sold quite a few signed 12"x18" prints, sold two yesterday. My local fly shop has them on the wall.

Anyway, I've come back a here few times to re-admire Chris' pics from NZ, all of them are such great shots, and I just can't pic a favorite, they're all so different and captivating.

Cheers,

Graham

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I just wish I was still there, hanging out in the sunshine fishing and snapping photos. :crying:

He has a REALLY great shot of a huge 'bow, caught on one of your rods...also in the picture. I have saved it as my desktop. Awesome photo!!

I know the photo you mean, quite well. ;) I have a nice framed version of it sitting above me right now, and Graham was kind enough to let me use the image for my business cards as well. Its one awesome photo! Great to hear you are able to sell a few of those prints Graham! :yahoo: