Fly Tying
day5

OK her first offical start to a full dress salmon fly

We did the floss today. We (I) forgot to tie in the lower side of the crest. (I'm new at this too!) It is hard to not correct her as she goes. Im just trying to talk her through and help her with the loose ends. the floss is some that I had and some the Cajun Santa sent!! I have some mallard wing feathers picked for the wings and also some wood flank and mallard for the cheek. IM sure that the proportions are off but the kid is happy with it and so am I!!!! the photo of the two of us was taken by my 4year old!!!

post-2608-1173566256_thumb.jpg

post-2608-1173566284_thumb.jpg

its gotta be the small fingers.

i could never do that good on a "first" of anything with these meathooks

:bugeyes:

Her FIRST floss body looks better than my TENTH one did! The kid's got talent -- sign her up!

John

If it makes you feel better it is her second! It helps that her fingers are smooth. My working hads just fray the crap out of floss!!

Very nice work Butterfly!!!

Based on the fact that she's 7 years old....I'm guessing that those baby wipes are for.......day5! :D

what happened to the hook i sent with the underbody already built up? man thats the one i wanted to see her do. would have been a beauty for her first.

Bud

what happened to the hook i sent with the underbody already built up? man thats the one i wanted to see her do. would have been a beauty for her first.

Bud

Bud that under body is so perfect I want ther to get a little better grip of how to tie them before she jumps on that one!! Trust me the next one will be the built up body!!

Sorry my own tying pefection gets in the way sometimes!

Day5, what's that protecting her from the dangerous hook point? I've been clamping the point into the jaws of the vise for my kids, but I might like that idea better. Is it just a piece of plastic tubing?