Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

Brent,

Will be posting in the next few days for the next round of the Material Swap...getting several PMS from new particiapnts...will start a new thread so everyone gets a chance to "re-up". Be looking for it in the next few days.

"mystery swappers". its time to get cycle 4 on the road. hopefully tomorrow or the next day, I will have the boxes on their way. rich and mel, be prepared, there may be some flies landing on your doorsteps.

I would think some of you might be having weather related problems, hope all is okay.

with bigdaady's material swap getting ready,it seems as though we are in for some fun times!!

have a good one

pat

Looking forward to this mystery box arriving. As a first timer, please refresh my memory: what do I do exactly when it gets here.... run for the stream laughing????

mel, when the "mystery box" lands at your doorsteps, expect to find a nice variety of flies for different types of fishing.attached to the box will be the mailing sequence, with the next tyer in line to be AFtier, when ready send the "mystery box" to him.You will have the chance to select any flies you want in the box, then replace those flies with an equal amount of tagged flies.I would suggest about 8 to 10 flies.

I would expect you to be pleasantly surprised with the goodies, rather than rush to the favorite fishing spot laughing. I would suggest you latch onto your flyrod and try out some quality flies. Theres a lot of talent in this swap.

This is the first attempt with the "2 box approach", hope it works out well. the other box is starting at the other end.I would expect you to like the format of this swap,a little different .great group of tyers!!we encourage any interaction.

have fun, good to have you aboard, hopefully I answered your questions.

pat carroll

The only trick here.....

have your flies tyed and waiting.....

Pick the "8 to 10" to keep.....drop yours in and mail that box...ASAP!!

The quicker the turn around the more travel time we get per month.

BOOYAH!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reminder! You guys are just lucky it's cold and snowy here, or I'd try the whole box before picking!!

You Luckie dog Cencalfly!!! if all goes according to plan you should receive both boxes at same time!! Just remember when you send the box to me just include ALL your Steelhead flies and i will in return promise to send you materials so that you can send Steelhead flies again next round!! Hey it's only fair right??? LOL

Oh loved the pictures you posted!

great job with the fish pictures you had at the material swap, will. looked like keepers to me!!!

some of you are still getting hit with nasty, cold weather.keep bundled.

have a good one

pat

Thank you Pat.. The fishing around here is fantastic to say the least.. It's crazy to walk down to the stream and see HUGE browns lying in the holes..They actually beg you to fish for them!! Yep ..weather here has been quite testy to say the least.. Have had snow almost every day since Christmas..and cold..but guess even if you went to Florida it would be cold this year.. Am looking forward to the swap again!! Thank you for organizing it once again!

just wanted to add that I am excited to get the boxes back on their way. We had a great christmas and the little one is doing great. He is growing like a weed and is spoiled rotten. The other two kids are keeping us busy with their extra activities and Trenton keeping his dad busy wanting to hunt every chance they get. He did finally get his first deer with dad's help and it has been very good eating. Myself I can't wait for spring to hurry and get hear so we can get back to fishing. The little one will be right there attached to me I know but we worked it in the fall I learned how to put him in one of the front carriers and still be able to cast my 6wt to catch the trout. Lots of fun. I will have to get some flies tied up but they will be ready by the time the box arrives. I am having to fit tying in after the little goes down for the night he doesn't really nap during the day.

Looking forward to that mystery box!!! Have a good one.

Jamie