Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

Didn't you just have a quake about a week or two back also...It was felt up into Oregon as well. It appears our planet has a sour stomach as of late. Lots of rumbly in the tumbly.

that quake ,last week , was in northern californee, cenrered around eureka. we didn't feel any of that one. the quakes tend to make you realize how small you are. tend to check your shorts out!!!

have a good one

pat

I've sent messages to rich5665, trouttraveler and AFtier with no feedback from any of them !!!

Has hibernation started, don't have a clue what"s going on, hope all is okay? Both boxes have been sent out about two weeks ago,with very little updates !!! Expected cycle 4 to be humming along.

have a good one

Pat carroll

Sorry, sent my update via PM!

I got the flies Saturday, tieing up my contributions today, and it'll go out on Tuesday!

I think I've spent more time at the vice this three-day weekend then the FDA would recommend, since I see caddis emergers burned into the back of my eyelids every time I shut my eyes.

Frank

Glad to hear from rich5665 today, he plans to have tne "mystery swap box " on its way. Cycle 4 is starting to roll with both boxes, looking forward to some awesome flies.

Received a some great looking flies from oldhat, very nice variety. bentflyrod had to pull out of the swap, still expecting flies from the new tyers, stay tuned.

mother nature is showing her muscles in southern californee , lots of rain, snow , high winds and within the last couple hours, tornado warnings are being made . This area seems to be feast or famine, latest forecast calls for heavy rains tomorrow and thursday. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to bundle up and try to stay dry and warm.

have a good one

pat carroll

Pat and Cencal.. how are you guys doing out there on the left Coast? From what i am seeing back here in New York state on the news it looks like the fishing from the front porch is pretty good right now!! Hope everything is fine!

will, after 5 days of rain, fishing from the porch is very likley. no problems here, but california is getting hit pretty hard.

rain, snow, slides , heavy winds , tornados, other than that ,things are normal !! rumor has it , snow may land in our area , local mountains are getting snow in feet , rather than inches, skiers delight.

I mailed the charity flies from cycle 3 to Reel and Heal, they are located in Toledo, Ohio. Thanks to all, they should be well pleased.

Have a good one, stay warm and dry.

pat

WOW!!! I am glad to hear the both of you are doing ok! That is quite a Snowfall.. but you guys are doing a fine job of blocking it for us.. We have been having a period of warm weather..in the 40's everyday for past week.. I honestly don't know how you guys live out there.. always seems to be a weather related issue going on most the time..Fires..mud slides..flooding.. i will not complain about our piddly little 3-4 foot snow falls any more! Stay safe Guys!!

Just to put a frame of reference around this conversation: Valdez, Alaska had an accumulation of snow over 3 1/2 days earlier this year of 78 inches!!! And it was 6" short of the record!!! And there were no days off for school!! In fact they have never had school closure for just snow. The only time the schools have shut down is in the Spring when the winds will hit 90-100 mph. Dumpsters start flying around and you can't stand up.

Frank aka Student4evr

Wife called and said package arrived at the house,will get back in tomorrow evening and go through.Will mail out Saturday.

tt

Nice hearing from kerusso and troutraveler, hope you and the families are doing well. Cycle 4 seems to be getting on track. As mentioned on an earlier post, oldhat sent a nice variety of flies, and today a new tyer "chollo", sent a nice variety of flies, welcome aboard to both of you.A couple weeks ago, there was some interest from a few other tyers, but so far,no flies or feedback. I should be able to work the new tyers into cycle 4, within the next couple weeks. hopefully , the other tyers will give us some feedback. The talent in this swap is something else.

I received a message from "Reel and Heal" , in regards to our charity flies, they were very pleased with the flies, some of the flies will be used for the participants and fund raisers, so tyers, a big pat on the back is in order. Awesome!!!

Hope your "neck of the woods" is getting nice treatment from mother nature, things have somewhat gotten back to normal , here in californee.

oldhat and chollo are both from oregon, again ,this swap is getting a good mix of tyers from all over the "good ol'U,S,A ".

have a good one

pat