Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Twofingerz

Sunny Day

A dahlberg tied to imitate sunfish?

Brilliant!

is that ok?...hope i didnt break some kind of taboo.

was flipping through "Flies for Bass and Panfish" looking for sunfish imitations and most of the stuff in there needed materials i dont have. This was one that i could do with what i had so i just did it up with the necessary colors. Apparently Mr. Dahlberg said that pattern was more productive "than all the rest of the flies combined" at the smallmouth camp he guided when a teenager.

pretty nice. i rented that same book from the library!!! i love it! :) im gonna have to go look that fly up in it :P did you use deer hair for the head? it looks a lil too skimpy to be deer hair.

yes, deer hair. i hadnt left myself much room so my head is a little smaller than the one in the book. i also want to make sure i can get it down so dont want too much floatyness. page 36 for those following along at home. :-)

ok neat! i see it. i dont think i have enough flashabou to make this one tho :( what could i substitute the flashabou w/????