Fly Tying
GlobalFisher

Homemade Flytying desks

GF,

I think the desk retails for about $350, but if you do a Google search you can get one a little cheaper. I contacted the manufacturer and they won't sell direct, you have to buy through a dealer.

My Dad has that desk and loves it. Thanks for posting about the hackle cabinets, I think you just figured out what I am going to get him for his Birthday the end of April.

Nice setup CaptEd! I like it, its really cool to see what other people have created and to see what there benches look like. Everyone has added great ideas for future tiers to build and stay more organized. I am going to build somethings that I saw. I am just trying to find a normal desk for cheap right now to put all of my materials and flytying desk/accessories on.

Is my Fly tying station the only one thats a mess?

Its a good thing my wife don't lurk around this Web site and see the clean fly tying benchs I would be in deep shit.gif

OSD.

QUOTE (OSD @ Mar 15 2004, 05:48 PM)
Is my Fly tying station the only one thats a mess?

OSD.

No,all these put mine to shame,its more of a tip than a tying bench.I've got a picture but its not on the 'puter yet.

These benches are impressive.

Ashley

CaptEd221, I agree, great setup. I have got to go over to Lowes and pick me up one of those cabinets like you have on top of your tying desk. It looks like you took pains in planning things.

MrBones

I didn't put that much into it, the doors on the top are off a old TV cabinet, the mid section is the sides of the cabinet made into six compartments, the desk section is and old dresser with the lower draws cut out. I re-finsh old furniture on the side for a local dealer, thats where I get everything.

Hey neat hell, tye and have to pick up EVERY time you're done tying, what a drag. Dont really have any space I can call my own so it's the dining room table and clean up after every session.

The only good thing about it is I know where everything is. Someday the Dad will have his own space LOL.

Fatman

Nice set-up Duff. I wish mine had a larger work area, but I would probably fill it ups with stuff anyway. I have added one of those TV tray tables next to my desk to hold the lamp and a tool caddy. It's made a big difference in the amount of room I have now.

You're almost as neat as Sippy. cool.gif