Fly Tying

i think it's kinda cool myself. certainly different and imaginative

i like the deer hair, hummmmmm?

you giving me ideas alex

Bud

Pretty cool Alex. Unfortunately, you're not the first tyer to put spun deer hair on a salmon fly, Stack Scoville tied a Green Highlander Muddler a couple of years ago. Maybe he'll post it one of these days.

Bud,

When I first started playing with the deer hair, I was pretty much trying to spin the body and then trim it to shape like a normal tapered body. Then after seeing DaveG's "Orange Peach" I was really inspired and realized that bodies don't have to be the standard taper, that wings don't have to extend to such and such a point, etc. Just think about all the different stuff you could do with this. Any shape you want, and the color schemes are endless. You can make spots, rings, anything! For me anyway, it's really got the juices flowing :yahoo:

It looks like your hook ate some Glow balls and the front one started to hatch. Really creative but I can't figure out what forum would be the least upset by it. :)

Don't get Bruce Derington started with his deer hair. I have seen a frog he did that probably had a pound of deer hair on the shank. :)

Edit: This post modified as I probably should have e-mailed my opinions to Alex first.

Just think about all the different stuff you could do with this. Any shape you want, and the color schemes are endless. You can make spots, rings, anything! For me anyway, it's really got the juices flowing :yahoo:

Alex, you need to chill a bit here. I think I heard an ambulance heading toward Carne's house. :hyst:

Very cool and very funny! I loved the fact that you did so many things 'different'. :D

Jeff

Don't get Bruce Derington started with his deer hair. I have seen a frog he did that probably had a pound of deer hair on the shank. smile.gif

Yeah I've seen that frog, I think Bruce is holding out on us.

Don't get Bruce Derington started with his deer hair. I have seen a frog he did that probably had a pound of deer hair on the shank. smile.gif

Yeah I've seen that frog, I think Bruce is holding out on us.

Thanks everyone for the kind words(yes, I take it being funny as a compliment :D ) I chopped it up last night. I wonder how many flies I can tie on a single hook :lol: