Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CapeBSalar

Purple Goddess Spey

That's a swinger!! Great colors for steel.

Is that the far wing with what looks like individual purple and white strips married, or is it the top of the near side married wing? Just trying to wrap my head around it.

Frank

Both sides far and near are married purple and white, one strip of each, white on the bottom, might just be how it appears in the photo or something, the wing has an unconventional arc in it because the purple is swan and the white is goose shoulder, the swan has a strange curvature naturally, so I just went with the angle of the wings and I liked the outcome.

Thanks for the comments. I'm going to try a few on Atlantics this summer, don't know if they'll like purple as much as the steelhead you guys have, but you never know.

This fly actually went to a members 7 year old daughter here cause she saw it on my website :)

Cheers,

Damian.

CapeBSalar

That is a beautiful. I find spey flies so nice to look at. That will do very well I htink.

I love it

KEep up the good work

Damian

I recieved your package today. We thank you. Taylor love the fly. Here is the Dixon twins fighting over it.

IPB Image

Thanks

Bill

Hey Bill,

Great to hear it arrived!! The kids look like they like the fly. Tell them I'm looking forward to seeing a couple of theirs on the forum one of these days.

All the best,

Damian.