Fly Tying
Matt Inman

If this doesn't get you excited, nothing will...

I have completed making the packages for the first round of the seminar for the fully involved group. I hope this makes your mouth water as much as it does mine because I can't wait to get these packages into everyone's hands. I hope this makes everyone excited to get started and makes the rest of the forum jealous. ;) There should be enough materials here to tie at least two full dressed flies. The crests alone would cost close to the amount that you have paid, Jungle Cock from Carne's stash (read as very good), turkey, some of the best Golden Pheasant Tail I have ever seen, hooks, berlin wool, red and yellow hackle, black ostrich, just look at the picture.

These babies will all be mailed out with the literature on April 2nd.

post-5737-1174775015_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1174775035_thumb.jpg

:crying: Should I see a therapist because I am this jealous over fly tying materials? I can't wait for the second round if you guys do it. I also can't wait to see the fruits of the labor the students of the seminars produce. Good luck with the seminars to everyone.

Matt,

The packages look great! These guys are a lucky bunch!!

Looking forward to the bookworm material!!!

Kudo's to everybody that is making this possible.

Damian.

Matt, Dave, Charlie, John, and whoever else is a part of this, a sincere thank you for this incredible opportunity. The material packages are impressive indeed but even more impressive is the devotion of time and effort that you guys have dedicated to folks that you have never even met simply so they have a realistic chance of developing the skill levels necessary to join you in this pursuit that you are so very obviously passionate about. I would throw in a smilie here as seems to be the custom but none of them adequately convey my gratitude or respect for the kind of person who chooses to volunteer for a program such as this. Now I need to go buy stock in a company that sells single sided razor blades. Bill

As impressive as the materials package might be, the instruction sheets in the literature are amazing! The literature is going to really blow people away and is the real gem in the program. The materials are all very nice but I cannot find the words to express how impressed I am with the step by steps and the anatomy diagram. You'll just have to wait until you get the packages to see these things.

Matt,

You are truly the Robin Hood of Classic Salmon Fly Tying. You and your merry men (Little Bud, Friar Carne, etc. I don't know any others <_< ) are truly adding a new chapter to this hobby (madness, disease) that will be remembered for a long time.

Can't wait to get the literature.

Jeff

I see my package in that second picture. It looks as excited to get to me, as I am to get to it!!!

Is it april 2nd yet?

Great job, Matt. You are really doing a great service here. Looking forward to my bookworm stuff.

BTW, where did the decent GP Tail come from? I was tying a John Cambell tonight and my best stuff won't even top the wing on a 4/0 hook. Are those lovely AmGold tails you stole.... I mean, ingeniously acquired :hyst: , longer the most of the GP tails you can buy? I'm sure you're not putting them in these kits, but I am curious.

Leigh

The GP tails were generously donated and were seriously the prettiest pair I have ever seen and they will easily wing up to 5/0. I know this doesn't really help you but I will ask a couple of sources and get back with you on the GP tail.

Hi Matt

I agree with threadbear and the others!!!

I'm very excted about this whole thing :yahoo:

Thanks to all envolved :clapping:

I love this place! I can't believe it took me so long

to end up here..What a great bunch of people

( not just regarding the seminar).

Once again :yahoo:

VEE

Wow... this looks really good..

Cant wait to get my hand on one of these packages.. Just hope it will be here by the time the seminars start.

Palli

Holy bags of material batman!!! WOW I cant wait to get my hands on that stash!!!! Thanks again to all who set this up!!!!

Wow, this is too cool :yahoo: I feel like I should start looking over my shoulder for the police when I go anywhere cause this is just wrong we're getting this stuff for the amount we paid. I almost don't want to post that I'm a part of it cause I feel like a thief right now :lol: I can't wait to support the fine people who have sponsored this :headbang:

Palli,

One of the concerns I have is that our group of international participants might lag behind the rest of the group as they might not get their materials in time. I am afraid that I cannot do much for the first round but I plan to in the future, send the international group materials out a week or so earlier where possible so that everyone might get the materials in the same timeframe. We will have to gauge how long it takes to get the packages to know how early I have to mail them. If I get the printed literature in early this week, those packages might get a head start. ;)

Matt

You forgot to mention that there's a 3 week space between each pattern so that even if the materials take a week and a half to get there, you'll still have a week and a half to tie and post a fly.

Dave