Fly Tying

I'm digging this one Bud! I really like the underwing of saddle :headbang:

I was holding my breath expecting to see some rhinesone embelished creation, but instead was treated with this little gem :D

Aaron

Whoa! The color palette on this one is to die for! Spectacularly artistic, Mr. G! :headbang: :headbang:

Gotta love how the underwing doubles as a tail, too.

John

Very cool Bud. Nice use of feathers in a very unique way! Nice to see you doing different styles.

Great one Bud - has a real feel of turquoise and beadword etc

Love the rich dark tones too.

Dave

Beautiful! :yahoo:

You definitely managed to catch the native american headdress look in this fly. I love the body and the extra feather in the throat.

Jeff

Hi Bud, I like the way the dark colors blend together and the contrasting turquoise really stands out.

Jim

Very nice fly Bud, beautiful colors. I love the dark color blend and the style of the fly.

Ashby

thanks for the kind words guys . i had alot of fun tying this fly and i paid particular attention to the color placements. the body was done in this manner after i looked at a few pictures of indian headresses. the feathers seemed to be placed in rows so thats why the body is done as is. i wanted it to represent the cherokee heritage and it's people. i'm off to cherokee, north carolina for the easter holidays and thats where the idea came from.

as far as color there are only 3 main colors to the fly. to you beginners. notice the colors of the body and wing and how they compliment each other. materials include pompador cotinga, throat feathers from the cayana, kingfisher, cock hackle, dyed turkey, kori bustard, sweetgrass turkey tail, and Jc feathers to name a few.

again, thanks

Bud

A very fitting name for a beautiful fly, awesome stuff Bud :headbang:

My great-great grandmother was 100% Cherokee. Her hair was down to her ankles, dark black and very thick till she passed away. She was still alive when my dad was little and he's told me stories of sitting there watching her brush her hair for hours