Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DrTomas

Materials Library---PHEASANTS

Thanks much Doc. If I owned those skins...they'd be plucked proper LOL

i hope to complete this in the next coupla days....

i am pretty busy IRL and there just aren't enuff hours in the day sometimes.

T

Fantastic posting! and that Blood Pheasant is one beautiful bird. Where are they grown?

I'm assuming Anderson's pheasant (Lophura leucomelana) is Kalij Pheasant (L. leucomelanos)? (Shoulder for Steven's Austie's Special). I'm assuming you are using the right Latin nomenclature and my quick internet look up is really out of date or in error?

[Edit] Got my answer. Same. see http://membres.lycos.fr/tragopan/english/e_feathers.htm

Hey Doc those are great, more pheasants than I have. And that say's alot. If you ever have any lose blood pheasant, lets talk. Great collection, I wish I had that many. Bill C.

I just got a pheasant skin from an old collection of salmon fly tying materials. I've checked every picture in the pheasants of the world book (don't remember the exact title tonight) and can't identify it.

If you are interested in it, I'd be happy to send you a picture or a couple of feathers so you can see what it is.

I don't think that I'll ever use a feather off of it other than to tie some small trout soft hackles.

Charlie Vestal

Sign in to follow this