Fly Tying
flyfishingtaz

whats the craziest thing you've done

Ya know. I just got done reading the post I put up on the water mocassin. And, it got me thinking. The craziest thing I've ever done was ride a crotch rocket at 120 back in my early 20s. So whats the craziest(and I mean made you stop and think) thing you've ever done?

hmmm....

probably race an off-duty cop in my friends audi down the back roads :headbang: i won :lol:

Jumped out of a moving car. I have actually tried this more than once, and it doesn't really matter how fast the car is going. Even if you are going 5 miles per hour, you will get hurt. The first time, I jumped out of the side of my friends van. I wouldn't have gotten hurt too bad accept I hit a street sign and bent it over. I was hurt bad.

Jumped out of a moving car. I have actually tried this more than once, and it doesn't really matter how fast the car is going. Even if you are going 5 miles per hour, you will get hurt. The first time, I jumped out of the side of my friends van. I wouldn't have gotten hurt too bad accept I hit a street sign and bent it over. I was hurt bad.

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

Years ago (70's) I was an active skydiver with 500+ jumps. Guess we got bored one day and 3 of us jumped into a local nudist colony.

"honest, officer, the wind just changed direction and blew us right in here!"

Chase Creek, I think you win the prize. Now, if I could just have your mothers mailing address, I'll send you the prize, c/o Mommy.

hahaha. nice. maybe I should learn to sky dive!

Jumped my kayak off a 3 story rock face backwards into the river to see if it could be done.. It worked I was in the papers , got a few girls , and a rep. But after thinking about it it had to be the dumbest thing in the world. I have a friend that jumped his kayak off a bridge half the distance of my jump(forward) landed flat onthe bottom of the boat and he still has back problems.

Man where do I start? :lol:

Probably the craziest/stupiest thing would be street racing back in my early-mid twentys. I'm about 10 miles north of Detroit and we use to go down near the airport every weekend to street race. Doin' 120-130mph on a poor shape bumpy 2 lane Detroit public road, with a car right next to you and people standing not even 2ft to ethier side of the road as you go flying by them at 120+. Lucky as hell no one ever got killed. Use to be common to have the police helicopter shine the big ol' spot light on us and chase us through the nieghborhoods as well.

Dumb dumb dumb....I still love to race and build cars but now its all done on a 1/4 mile track. No more public roads.

Steve

tried to jump a pic-up and missed..hit the back of the cab...bad thing was it was my new one, totalled the bike and cab and both legs...going 148 in a 55 in a big block blown and 10 in lift 71 blazer...

post-624-1175437424_thumb.jpg

rode a flat tracker off a bridge that wasn't done(well the chain broke and locked the back wheel)

Hmmm I got a few for this thread..

First one that comes to mind is doing a hand stand off the side of a moving truck.. I was doing pretty good, think we hit a bump or something.. messed things up a lil .. hit my face twice off the tire and rolled till i hit the curb on the other side of the street .. nothing broken but i was sore for a week an had two black rubber tatoos for 2 weeks (cheekbone an jaw line) .. Amazing what seems to be a good idea givin some liquid influence an some bordem.. :devil2: :drunk: :crutch: :cheers: