Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Brewer

met a couple forum members

just got back from the dieppe fly fishing show, i was there only a couple of hours, and it was BUSY, too many people around for me, but hope the vendors and tyers did well.

met damian, and Jacques Héroux, very nice people. both were very busy. damian was signing autographs even, which was nice to see. watched him tie for a while, and seen a few of his flies, very impressive. he makes the nor-vise look easy. would have liked to chat and pick his brain a little more, but again, he was busy, and i figured id let him work.

i was planning on taking some pics, and posting....but remembered the camera half way there, and wasnt turning around to get it.

there were some crazy crafts there that i just cant believe, a lady from PEI made a few quilts, alot of work goes into a basic quillt, but when she sews in some classic salmon flies on them, then they become impressive, VERY impressive....my daughter just informed me she took some pics of the quilts on her cell phone, as soon as we figure out how to post them, we will post.

anyways, it was a good time, and the show was put together very well!

Mike

wish the twins a happy birthday for me damian

Camera :wallbash:

You should have plopped down in front of Damian and heckled him :hyst:

Better yet, don't introduce yourself - just ask a question every time he makes a wrap ... after there's smoke coming from his ears, say hi I'm Matt Inman from FTF :hyst:

Really, these events are fun when you get to put a name to a face and spend a bit of time with the FTF'rs. This virtual stuff is cool but nothing like the real thing.

Hey,

It was nice to meet Mike and see Damian tying salmon flies in front of all these people. The Dieppe Fly Fishing Forum was a great success again this year. It is the biggest Fly Fishing Show east of Calgary and we are very proud of it.

Thanks to all fly tiers, exhibitors and guest speakers. Hope to see more members of the Fly Tying Forum in Atlantic Canada next year!

Jacques

Wait a second Royce, that ain't funny. ;)

Glad to hear you had a nice time Brewer. I would love to be able to attend more shows but there just aren't that many down here. I guess I will have to get on a plane more often. Wish you had taken a camera, pictures always make these stories better.

Hey everybody,

Just popping in and out, just got back home last night after being away for a week, alot of unpacking to do and getting the kids settled back into a routine.

Mike it was great meeting you, and thanks again for the package, it's very much appreciated. The kids had a great birthday there was lots of cake and icing and the pictures to prove it. It was a bittersweet time being away from them on the day they were born, but the welcome they gave me when I walked through the door was the best!

It was very busy on Saturday but you should have stuck around for a bit, maybe next year. Met another member Morfrost there too, great to meet you too Don, and a few other guys I know from novascotiafishing.com as well as a few other folks I've been wanting to meet for some time, all and all it was a great show with lots to see and lots of places to spend a little $. Snuck my new 6' 3wt fly rod into the house unnoticed... :hyst: :hyst: and a few other goodies. Great time.

A huge thanks to Jacques for having me and I hope to do it again.

I have some pictures that I'll need to post edit but will upload some as soon as I can.

Damian.

Sign in to follow this