Fly Tying
Fly Tyer Guy

My Little Red Eared Turtle

Good Day,

Now I have had the chance to see this in person once or twice already... and I'll tell you this... Graham, watch it! This kid is gunning for you! :D It truly is a wonderful piece of work!

Steelie

I agree with Steelie, a wonderful piece of work! I think it would be fun to cover or remove the hook, cast it out onto land or water where herons or other shore birds hang out, and take some photos of them flying off with it, and looking started as it gets reeled in...

Thank you very much everybody,Graham: I don't think I'll be tryin' that any time soon :) (You can't see it in the picture but the eye of the hook is on the bottom of the neck)

The white butterflies are really here so that means it's the start of tarpon season ! The lake across the street has alligators & they love to chomp on turtles, even though they usually strike bass lures they'll still hit deer hair poppers while fishing for largemouths; so the gator bait would be a better test of the fly than casting it towards seabirds which have to be reeled in & unhooked....sometimes the gators get the lures even if one's not fishing for them on purpose; but what fly catching reputation would you rather have for the little green turtle fly ? Other than a great tie ? LOL :hyst: ;)

FTG nice job... FISH FOOD HERE FISHY FISHY...looks yummy to a fishy fishy fishy

I am still working mine been gettin killed with OT at work lately..plan on trying to finish this week .

NUFF ABOUT ME REALLY NICE JOB :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ..MIKE

Here is a picture of the belly.It looks good in person, But doesn't look that good in the picture I tried and tried, but I could not get a great pic. :wallbash: <_< :angry: :( :crying:

IPB Image