Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Alex C.

Ordering a Camera Online

I'm ready to order a camera, and am trying to decide where to order from online. I don't want to deal with whomever I order from trying to sell me a bunch of accessories, etc. after I place my order. I know what I want and I just want to hit submit and get my camera in the mail a few days later. So who would you guys reccomend?

Camera shops on the web are some of the biggest scams on the web, so be careful. If you find a deal that is cheaper than everybody else...be very careful.

I would only trust two stores that have a good rep. bhphotovideo.com and adorama.com

There are some great prices on eBay. Just be careful when buying, check credentials properly, ask all your questions before bidding. I also had 2 bad experiences buying on eBay - 1 camera never arrived which has now resulted in a PayPal dispute and the other was defective with the manufacturer saying it was irrepairable. Good luck!

Camera shops on the web are some of the biggest scams on the web, so be careful. If you find a deal that is cheaper than everybody else...be very careful.

I would only trust two stores that have a good rep. bhphotovideo.com and adorama.com

I second SmallieHunter...Those are two reliable online shops...

I went with Abes of Maine. They did call after i placed the order to sell me more accessories, but in the end it was a good thing since they were able to give me some more information about the storage cards that i hadnt considered beforehand. They shipped the camera very quickly and i was quite satisfied with thier service.

I think there is a post on here somewhere that i made right after i bought.

All of the above and Henrys.com, clearancectr.com or Wolf camera are great too. I picked up a Pentax *ist DS for a song last month that was new in the box complete on Wolf Camera clearance. Check close on Amazon.com. The ones they sell are backed by Amazon, but they show other vendors as well that are questionable.

B&H Holiday Schedule

B&H Superstore, Phone Orders and Shipping Department,

will be closed from

Monday April 2nd through Tuesday April 10th.

All orders received after Sunday April 1st at 12:00pm

will ship when we reopen.

We will reopen on Wednesday, April 11th at 9:00am

Please plan accordingly

That just figures :ripped:

I have to give Abe's of Maine 2 thumbs up. I ordered a pentax optio w30 on tuesday afternoon and got it today from ups.

Outstanding service.

Yes I got a call from Abe's but only to confirm my order. no pressure sales pitch to order and additional accessories.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Id only buy form a shop the web is full of bad deals and reman's. warranty can be a issue also!! cannon will not warranty unless you buy from a cannon dealer. Most web sales are not dealers

Hi jdmidwest, what do you think of the Pentax .ist? I have been looking at those and the k100d's but haven't made up my mind yet on which one to get.

Thanks

jim