Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fly_guy_stu

Woven bodies

So i decided about 5 minutes ago to try weaving for the first time, i can't say it's ever appealed to me until about now, I'm going to give a woven Klinkhammer a go. I'll post a pic when it's done and if i can find the memory card for my camera.

Stu

Woven bodies are pretty cool once you get the technique down...Here is a Western March Brown Mayfly that I did a woven body on..

IPB Image

IPB Image

I was in the same place as you, all pumped to tie these. I tried it earlier this winter. I finally got the hang of it after about 5 flies. Then, I decided it wasn't worth the time and the pain in my a$$. :baby:

I have never tied one. The flies I have seen here are incredible. I dont know if I have seen a woven Klinkhamer

I've got a few woven klinks that a friend gave me. After a trout chewed one to bits on saturday (VERY SUCCESSFUL DAY- 8 trout all over 1 1/2 lbs in 4 hours) i thought i'd give it a go but when i got to my bench i realised the lack of materials that i have right now. I tried weaving with a floss silk that i have but it kept on tearing on the side of my nail :( I'll have to stock up on some more materials. I got the technique down after a few flies. the first few were unsightly!