Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CaptEd221

Hello from SW Floria

My name is Ed, I work on the water 6 days a week, not a guide. I do fish every time I get out of work. I am into fly fishing and tying mostly saltwater. I live in Cape Coral, Florida. Water all over the place, back country, grass flats, mangrove creeks, great place to call my office. Glade to be here and hope I can learn and contribute alot of good info.

Hi CaptEd,

Welcome to the Forum. I'm in Tampa but my mother and brother live down in Cape Coral. I'm down there every couple of months to visit. I usually fish over on Sanibel but I'm familiar with Pine Island area too.

Welcome abroad, my wife and I might be moving to the sunshine state after she's done with nursing school. My father-in-law spends his winters in Clearwater. I'll trade in steelhead for tarpon any day!!!

i really gotta get some family in southern florida, LOL..... I have an aunt and uncle and grandma living in the tampa area, and a sister in Winter Haven. Check that, I need to somehow make my millions so I can have a trailerable flats boat, and put in where need be.

Welcome, looking forward to hearin your stories about the salt and sun down there.

steve

Welcome aboard Ed. I envy your office decor. Gotta really be tough going to work in that environment biggrin.gif . Have never had the opportunity to try salt water fly fishing but would really like to give it a try sometime.

It does get deep around here at time so keep a life jacket handy.

Welcome aboard,

Great folks here and all are willing to share. We have a few folks that do saltwater here so you have company. Hope you enjoy.

Fatman

Welcome aboard captain Ed. I believe you will have fun with the guys and gals involved with this site. Never been fly fishing in the salty waters, but it looks like fun.

Hey steelie junkie, are you giving up on those silver bullets for the other silver bullets? sad.gif

Hi I’m Dave, an old wrinkly living Hampshire, England, home to some of the finest chalk streams in the world, well so I’ve been told. Trouble is there too dam expensive for Joe public to fish, anyway enough of that….

Always been interested in fishing mainly course but over the last couple of years I’ve tried my hand at Fly fishing and love it. Naturally the next step is tying your own flies that why am here.

As a stranger looking in........... what a great site this is, so much information on hand, brilliant. Take my hat off to the founder of this forum…well done Sir…

Work gets in the way of spending more time on the water but with retirement not so far away that will change.

Other hobbies include sailing and being an old grump or so my wife tells me.

Nice to meet you all…………………. I hope to have a nice time here.

Dave rockon.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this