Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Gregg A

Anyone Fished Scottland?

August of 2005 I'll be in Scottland for a week. I'm looking for some decent places to fish for a couple days. I'll be in Edingurgh, if anyone has any ideas.

Does "in my dreams" count? Probably not what you were looking for.............

I may be wrong, I don't have any first hand knowledge.

I think most of the waters are privately owned or have rights leased to clubs and guide houses.

My advice would be to do some serious research on the subject NOW, or risk missing a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Good luck and have fun!

I have. Yes, from what I recollect, they're all private beats. You either have to hire a Ghillie (a guide, usually a groundskeeper/gamesman that know their stuff). Usually you either buy a rod ticket, or find a club/organization that will sell a rod day on their stretch of river.

Can't give you any recommendations. I had all my trips arranged by my host parents in Germany. They knew I loved to fish, and knew I wanted to fish the UK. So surprised me with a few trips. I fished up in Scotland on a few private beats. Was a very memorable experience.

If you want some good info. Go over to this board. UK fishing board . They'll give you all the info you need.

Sign in to follow this