Fly Tying
Ribs1

Fly Tyers Dungeon

I finally received my order from them. It took a while and I was worried but it was well worth the wait. I ordered about $60 worth of stuff, and it is a lot of stuff.

I guess I don't mind the slow shipping since the stuff is dirt cheap.

I finally received my order from them. It took a while and I was worried but it was well worth the wait. I ordered about $60 worth of stuff, and it is a lot of stuff.

I guess I don't mind the slow shipping since the stuff is dirt cheap.

60 dollars worth of stuff HOLY S#!+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man that must have been a huge order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .75 censt for a bag o dubbin 7.99 for a 12 compartment box and less than a dollar for a hank of any thing. you must have gotten 75 items at least!!!!

:headbang: I use all of their products and love them , they carry very good productsand the prices can not be beaten, yes they are a small at home manufacturer, and yes they do get behind sometimes but they usually make it up to you if that happens. As a new fly tier I try to keep enough supplies on hand to always have some exspecially the synthetics that wont get brittle, like the feathers do sometimes. The dubbing is excellent, all of them, and their synthetics are wonderfull to like I said I use and have all of them, in every color and consistancy, so if you have questions on a material they carry and what you are going to use it for I would be glad to answer any questions.

Kayakfish, what is the glassweb like? I'm getting ready to order and talked to the guys there, but I still can't think of what the glass web is like. Are there any other commercial products like this? I"ll order some just to see what its like.

Dan

The Glass web is like a real fine Micro Flash, I use it a lot in the tying of minnow imatations, and other flies that need that extra sparkle but not too much.

The glass web is like a really fine Ultra fine flash, use it where ever you need extra flash but not so much as to detract from the pattern. Love their dubbing too, great big bags of it and you wont be sorry.

Hi All;

I placed an order with FTD two weeks ago.

From what I've read on this thread, is 4 to 6 weeks an average delivery time??

Thanks in advance;

Wayneb

Ya, delivery times can vary sometimes its quick, sometimes it takes forever. The materials are great quality. As long as your in no hurry to get the stuff, they're great to order from.

Kayakfish, I have a lot of baby bug wrap, what do you like to use it for? I especially like their skeeter fuzz dubbing. It dubs super easy and doesn't build up too fast. FTD is great for a kid like me cuz I don't always have a bunch of extra money.

Kayakfish, I have a lot of baby bug wrap, what do you like to use it for? I especially like their skeeter fuzz dubbing. It dubs super easy and doesn't build up too fast. FTD is great for a kid like me cuz I don't always have a bunch of extra money.

Baby bug wrap makes great legs!!!

post-2608-1181944504_thumb.jpg

I was just looking around their site again today. Is the congo hair similar to E.P. fibers? Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to get familiar with what to use their materials for.

Hi All;

Recieved my order from FTD Monday! As all have said definetly worth the wait!(my case only 14days)

Materials are priced under market and given in generous proportions! Great for a beginner who makes lotsa mistakes and do overs!

I will definetly order from them again!

Wayneb

I think anyone could go there with pocket change and come out with a bag of goodies!