Fly Tying
Ribs1

Fly Tyers Dungeon

It's been 15 days so far, but after reading this thread before I ordered, I'm not concerned at all. For the price and unique materials, it's definitely worth it.

I was just looking around their site again today. Is the congo hair similar to E.P. fibers? Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to get familiar with what to use their materials for.

Flykid,

Congo hair looks exactly the same in form and action and to be honest I'd say its the same thing.

Ashley

Congo hair- IMO no it's not the same thing. I use both and I prefer EP fiber over congo hair for streamers. The congo hair just seems alot more "stiff" than the EP fiber and doesnt seem to move or have quite the action in the water as the EP fiber does IMO.

Steve

One of the main reasons I say their the same is because I sometimes use the two in the same fly (no Olive Congo) and I cann't really see the different. Congo does seem to have slightly different properties though.

I was just tying some EHC and while I was using elk hair from one of the bigger brand names and I got really fed up with it. So many tips were damaged. I gave up on that hair and took out the 75 cent chunk from FTD. this hair isn't as dense on the hide but the tips were much higher quality and the hair is ALOT cheaper. I have been very pleased with their service! Just had to share that.

Steeldrifter & Ashley, thanks for the feedback I might try congo hair next time I order.

I have ordered from FTD in the past with no problem BUT I made an order about three weeks ago. The money is gone from paypal, I have received nothing, and 2 emails have gone un answered. To me this is not acceptable!

Fishigan for me it's now been:

3 weeks, 1 email...And nodda.

If I never saw this thread, id be very PO'd.

Fishigan,

I have had the same thing happen I sent an e-mail and it took along time to get a reply. It took about 6 weeks to recieve my order. When I did get a reply I found out he was sick with the flu so I gave him some slack. When my package arrived I found extra items in it so I was happy.

Fred

that seems to b the norm for them great deals just do not expect to see the stuff for awhile

unless you order the Chirstmas specails I belive they r pre boxed and ready to go

you stuff will get to you but it takes them awhile toget it out

I also belive the should answer the e-mails

:dunno: I have only order from them once so far

FC