Fly Tying
Matt Inman

Note to all FTF Salmon Dressers...

I have never seen so many posts in such a short time period and I am worried that we are going to cause the forum to implode. :whistle:

It is really nice to see everyone posting their flies and getting positive feedback and comments rather than having Charles and Dave continually rip everyone's flies. :rolleyes: Just kidding guys, the flies that everyone is posting is proof that everyone is learning and making huge leaps between flies. Great work!

I know that I have told both of you thank you personally and I just wanted to do it in public for everyone else to be able to express their thank yous to both of you.

A very sincere and heartfelt thank-you for allowing me to play along as you two teach the rest of us a fraction of what you know about these flies!

I :wub: you guys! (said in the most heterosexual manner possible, I don't want to give Alex any ideas)

Well, I'd like to say THANK YOU! :D to Dave, Charles and to you also Matt,

for all the time and effort that you guys have put into this . This is such an

awsome opportunity and experience! Thanks to all those that have contributed

:D :clapping: :thumbup:

VEE

Matt, you're supposed to give the teacher/s an apple/s, not tell them you love them even if it is in a heterosexual manner! :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

You're not getting off that easy Matt, just so everyone knows, Matt was harder on my flies than even the dreaded Dave Carne :lol: I think you guys make a good team, what you guys are doing behind the scenes, wether homo or hetero doesn't matter to me :P :hyst:

I :wub: you guys! (said in the most heterosexual manner possible, I don't want to give Alex any ideas)

Why thank you Matt... and, just to clarify things, when I said I thought you looked really attractive in that mini skirt it was said in a purely fraternal, supportive, hairy chested, beer drinking way. Also I hope you know I was only joking when I said I thought the cerise lipstick and blue eye shadow looked trashy - actually they really DO suit your colouring.

Dave

PS I think it can fairly be said that far from being an obscure pattern only found in Kelson, the Red Rover could now be said to be the most commonly tied classic salmon fly.

Matt, whose baby did you wife have recently? :dunno:

I'll add my kudos to the CSS mentors. Great job guys!!

Suggestion for the next round:

Have Matt start a single post with an appropriate title and have all the participants post their pictures to this one post. It will get WAY long but it will be WAY easier to keep up with what is being posted since the e-mail notification takes you to where you left off last.

Jeff

Jeff,

This idea has been mentioned numerous times. I am strongly against starting with one individual post as the beginners need to have comments and praises for their work as much as they need critique at this point. If we put all of the posts in one spot, the confusion of who is actually trying to tell a comment to one person will be incredible. We can post it to a single post after ten days when everyone has had a chance for their individual time in the sun.