Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
field989

Bead Head Woolly Bugger

first off.... the hackle i used was a bit big for the fly but o well... there are a TON of varitions of this fly.. colors different weights .... literally HUNDREDS of varitions to this'n....

IPB Image

first tye in ur thread but BEFORE this... if u are tying a bead head fly u put the bead on FIRST then tye in ur thread and tye it behind the bead as shown in the picture

IPB Image

NEXT you tye in your marabou tail which it makes it SOOO MUCH easier if u wet ur fingers and make the marabou wet.... now lay it beside the hook becuase u want the marabou as long as the hook shank... so after determine the length cut it a tad longer(as to be able to tye it in) then u tye the marabou in... next tye in your Hackle.... i got strung hackle for my buggers.... then tye in your chinnell(or whatever body material you are using)....

IPB Image

Then wrap the chinnell to the front of the hook then tye it off.... then grab the hackle wrap er around to the front and tye er off and your done.... well LAST thing u gotta do is whip finish or tye a crap load(10+) of knots(cant remember the name of em... maybe some one on here will post what they r called) then apply your head cement AND U GOT YOURSELF A WOOLLY BUGGER....

enjoy....

Thanks for reading

Jeff....

nice variation on the theme... the good thing about buggers is there's really no wrong way to make one, as long as you get a fluffy tail and a palmered body.