Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mnorton

First Trip this year

:D Well got out today for the first time this year down on the the beaverkill /willowemoc areas in

NY and man i tell ya my buddy Tim and I caught about 40 browns and two little brookies.

I was using my new rod 3/4 wt I bought from Steeldrifter,and did that rod ever perform today.That rod

really got christened today.most of the fishwere 10-14in but 3 were over 20in.My buddy tim had 5 that were like that too..man did we find a honey hole and were the only ones there.....all were caught and released for us to hopefully catch another day........ :D What a day

Wow you did well nice to here someone is catching fish. The season open here in P.E.I. April 15 I got skunked that day. Next day I caught 2 fish, first one went 8" and the second one might have been 4" not the best started. Come to think about it it's the worst first day I can remember :(

yes..have not had a day like that in a long long time...last year i got skunked completely not a good year

year before was soso......

mnorton...I'm headed down there next weekend....I'm hoping to get into the same....sounds like you guys had a great outing.....any fly working especially well for you? (that you're willing to share....heheheh)

VERN-O I was using a 14-16 zug bug nymph and prince nymph..lateer in the day the quill gordons were coming off but not a lot...my buddy was using a gold stone imatation he tyed up... Good Luck

Chase Creek exact cooridnates no,but it was the willowemoc..there be a whole lot of pull offs there and is

all public access except the few posted spots but if you ask nicely im sure permission woulod be granted.

The junction pool where the two rivers meet can get quite crowded so we just rove to the outskirts.

we got off on the livingston manor exit and went from there.....river should be in nice shape next week

have some real nice weather sked for the next few days..wish i could get back down there soon..

Local shops in Roscoe can be quite helpful in fly selection too..but I like nymphs :P